FLEX PE8....any experiences with this Machine?

RC-5.0

Established Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxbj0EI52E

Been gone awhile...I need a lightweight but powerful machine that I can use for the painted engine parts I sell..coil covers, engine covers, etc. I currently have use PC on these parts and my own Ingot Silver 2011 and have become very comfortable with it. Curious as to how this PE8 Performs, and what I have to learn/know to use this machine without burning through....like pressure, how fast to move it, etc.

Thanks guys
RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
Ordered one with a few extra parts.. Any TIPS for using a rotary? Im using it on painted engine pieces after clear coating and wet sanding.
Thanks
RC

oldmodman

Established Member
Never used the small one.

But I can comment on general Flex quality. I have both the PE-14 and the XC-3401 DA and both are really well built and should last a lifetime.

The Flex rotary is what I have been using instead of my big Makita rotary. Both polishers have a soft start capability so you can draw in the polish instead of just flinging it all over.

If the little Flex has the same feature it should make it very easy for you to get started. Just go real easy on the quantity of polish you start out with. A rotary polisher can be very messy until you get the hang of it.

Have you been able to find it a better than regular price? When I bought my Flex polishers I waited until Autogeek was having a sale that INCLUDED Flex products. Then I used my 25% off gift certificates.

RC-5.0

Established Member
I bought the machine with NO discount, then the accessories WITH it. THEN this morning I got an email for a NO EXCLUSIONS coupon. They're going to credit me $30, but I lost on the Combo package deal that had all the accessories.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Ok, I used it yesterday. I am not using to detail cars. Im using it for the coil covers I paint. I use it after wet sanding to remove the 1500 grit+ scratches with Adams Severe Swirl remover. All I can say is WOW...I can't believe I was using that PC DA!! I barely touched the surface and the color just POPPED right out. I started on #3, and was able to remove everything by #4 (goes up to 6) I used the 3" foam pads that came with the unit. I was able to hod the Flex with one hand and go back and forth (as if I were using a little sanding mouse). When I was finished, I had to go back and hit a couple edges that I was afraid to burn, but when all was said and done, it looked AWESOME, and there has just one little section, about 1/2mm on the front edge that I had to touch up from going through the paint.. Not sure on the use of this for detailing a car, but was great for my use.
RC

Users who are viewing this thread