Flat paint/wraps

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Does anyone have any experience with flat paint jobs or wraps other than black? I have big plans for my next ride, one of which will involve one of these. I've always loved the flat black look but I feel it's getting a little played out. I'm actually really digging the white but I've yet to see it in person.

I'm def leaning towards a wrap as its not as permanent.

Anyone running a flat color on there ride or have any experience?

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Guy in my town has his M3 wrapped matte white. They call it the storm trooper look. IMO it looks badass.

Plus with the wrap, you have paint protection as well and if you ever get tired of it or sell, it's not permanent.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Haha storm trooper. Never thought of that. Ya I think a matte white with some black wheels would look killer. You happen to have any pics of his m3?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
matte white is definitely sexy. I definitely wouldn't do it yourself as putting a light color vinyl on a dark car can be difficult to cover up imperfections.

heres a gloss m3 vs matte white
DSC00055.jpg

I have a matte black tahoe I did myself, but it was a PITA and was easy to cover up imperfections with the wrap because it was matte black on gloss black. The best part, like you said, is being able to rip it off later on down the line

BlackOutUT

Established Member
matte white is definitely sexy. I definitely wouldn't do it yourself as putting a light color vinyl on a dark car can be difficult to cover up imperfections.

DSC00055.jpg

I have a matte black tahoe I did myself, but it was a PITA and was easy to cover up imperfections with the wrap because it was matte black on gloss black. The best part, like you said, is being able to rip it off later on down the line

wow that looks great...

I def wouldn't do it myself. I don't have the patience haha.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

How does it hold up to the AZ weather?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
How does it hold up to the AZ weather?

Great thus far. I've had the wrap on the Tahoe for 2 years and haven't noticed a color fade even through it sits outside most of the year. I'd be more concerned about the snow melting and peeling the corners, but supposedly the vinyl is durable in all conditions.

And OP, be prepared to pay ~3k for someone to do a wrap for you.

Last edited:

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Great thus far. I've had the wrap on the Tahoe for 2 years and haven't noticed a color fade even through it sits outside most of the year. I'd be more concerned about the snow melting and peeling the corners, but supposedly the vinyl is durable in all conditions.

And OP, be prepared to pay ~3k for someone to do a wrap for you.

3k is about what I've been quoted at different places. Well worth it imo. I've seen some black wraps in person that look incredible. The place I get tint done at had a lamborghini getting a custom wrap last time I was in. I was drooling all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread