Flat black windshield "BLOCKOUT" banners $35 free shipping in the U.S.

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I have been playing with this idea on my Lightning as well as my Z06 for a while now. Not only does it reduce the amount of sun and heat coming into the interior, but it matches the rubber around the windshield very well and installs on the outside of the windshield. I make these 13" tall so that you can install them at any height from 13" or less. On my Lightning it is maxed out at 13" high as you can see in the pic. I used the SAME banner for my Corvette Z06 and set it at 10" high and have shown as a comparison. I based this on my preference for vision from the cockpit and I am 6ft tall. I can actually make them in ANY standard color, but FLAT BLACK looks GREAT on any vehicle. The kit comes with easy to follow instructions as well as application soap and a squeegee for a painless installation. Simply send payment via Paypal to [email protected]
:beer:

banner1.jpg

banner2.jpg

Banner3.jpg

Banner2-1.jpg

orangeinstalledwithlogos-1.jpg

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
The one thing I hate is lack of seeing out the windshield, heck, I've thought about raising my rear view mirror!!!

It does look good, but I would have went with a 50% tint or something because I couldn't deal with the lack of view. Could you post an interior shot?

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
Those are pretty cool. Might want to post that outside of the Lightning forums to get more publicity from the Cobra guys. If you wouldn't mind making them for us guys also :thumbsup:

I would definitely grab one but both of my cars already have the windshield tinted.

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
My truck already has the front windshield tint strip on it. This was applied at the same time that I had the windows tinted. That piece is applied to the INSIDE of the front windshield.

MY PIECE however applies to the OUTSIDE of the windshield. So on my truck for instance, BOTH pieces are installed. So if I ever decide to remove the flat black banner, my original window tinted piece is still there. I attached a random pic to illustrate a "before" shot. The "tint" reduces the light coming in, my banner ELIMINATES the light coming in and just look great!! I am biased though... :p

261_6197.jpg

DjKush

Established Member
this looks pretty tight, but hasnt convinced me all the way...post more picks, if possible, one from the cockpit, maybe one in the night?

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
Cockpit View

photobucket-1155-1307637045236.jpg

Again, you can set the width for what suits your needs up to 13" which is where I have mine. I am 6ft tall and this works perfect for me. If you are taller, you may want to make it a little shorter. You can easily set your height by first sitting in the truck and use a piece of tape to mark your maximum height on the on the inside of the windshield, then go outside and measure from the tape to the top of the windshield. I can illustrate if needed. Thanks

jaymz

Established Member
I gotta say that here in Minnesota, the cops would be all over these as tint violation or obstructed view. God help you if you had an accident and the cop wrote you up. The insurance companies would have a field day.

Jim

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
Here in Georgia, we can legally have a 6" strip on the front windshield as dark as you can stand it. It falls in with the window tint law which is very very loosely enforced. I have had illegal windows/vehicles for the last 21 years and have never been cited for window tint. Warned a few times, but never written up. To each his own I guess

t01lightning

Established Member
Win shield stripes need to be left back in the 90's where they belong. For the best look and high performance go with 35% down the entire front.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
All I did to combat the sun in the cobra was to get the windshield tinted(35%) then get another strip(at the top) of limo on the top of it.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i kinda like it too i hate when the afternoon sun pokes in between the visor & the rearview mirror & blinds me & i even have it tinted there lol

more pics from inside please !!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread