flash a computer without vehicle?????

Cobrakid

prefers quick, over fast!
Established Member
flashing a FORD computer....without car?
hey guys,

does anybody know if I (had a frind that works at a delaership).....

can I walk in with just a computer..... out of a Mustang, and can they hook it up, and
flash it back to completely a stock setting, if I have the VIN etc?

.....or do they need the vehicle there to power up through it?

thanks,
Chuck

* I have a friend's extra 98 Cobra computer,and he wants it put back to bone stock calibration.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You'd need a way to power up the ECU. The flash tool doesn't power up the ECU, it gets power from the ECU.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm thinking they would need some kind of harness too. Since I don't think the tool is designed to plug into the ECU itself. It's designed to plug into the OBDII port under the dash.

2002BLGT

Established Member
Can it be done ? Yes. Would a ford dealer normally be able to do this ? Nope. if you had a donor 98 model GT or cobra should work to drive to the dealer , swap pcms and then have them flash it to the VIN you request from the correct vehicle and then swap the pcms back this would work as long as the PATS system does not have to be reset as well I would think , I know Cardone reflashes PCMs for a fee when they rebuild them as well , I could do it as well for a fee if you mail me the PCM as I have a bench flasher that I built myself

Users who are viewing this thread