FL2K13 event new PB (VIDEO ADDED)

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Well FL2k13 event was this weekend and we had a great turn out. They hosted a 11.50 index class along with other classes. I ran the 11.50 class for this event and I couldnt be happier with my car. First pass with the 2-step set at 4500 it went 11.7, so I came back and upped it to 4900 and it went 11.57. I left the 2-step there for the rest of the event so I wouldnt break out and I ended up doing five 11.52-11.57 passes in a row. I ended up coming in 3rd place losing to my buddy Sai (my Tuner/friend) who won 1st place. This was my very first event with the car and my second time ever out on slicks, for being a stick car I am really happy with how consistent it is. Cant wait to go out next week and turn up the 2-step and see what she will really do.

Mods
Lethal H-pipe
GT500 mufflers
E85 Tune by Sai (04CompGT)
BMR upper and lower control arms
BMR Springs.
Barton shifter and bracket (added)
MT82 trans.

DA was 1886
Temp was 86 degrees
40% relative humidity

Ill be posting videos once I get them from others here a pic of my slip.

20131013_094311_zps9aca9435.jpg

IMG_13488866235331_zps4dc378d1.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AigINyjICh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

N20D5OH

Established Member
Thanks man. It was a crazy event deff dont miss it next year.

Unfortunately, raising kids alone doesn't always give me those luxuries. Gymnastics meet won out.

On a side note, I'm getting some goodies from Sai next week. And I'm ordering a few more as well. Can't wait to get out and play in the cooler weather.

Dave_6

Established Member
Damn, VERY impressive for the mods! Great driving!

Still using the stock clutch line, shifter bracket, etc?

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
OP, I had some friends down there from the Pensacola area. One was telling me the track was hit or miss for traction.

Was it a bad prep day, or just an LSx excuse for poor performance?

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
OP, I had some friends down there from the Pensacola area. One was telling me the track was hit or miss for traction.

Was it a bad prep day, or just an LSx excuse for poor performance?

I thought the track was good. did five 11.52-11.57 all with 1.6 60ft. My buddy with the nova (he won limited street) is a leaf spring car was cutting 1.3 all day.

04compgt

Established Member
Track was spot on in my opinion but I was also running very detuned and on motor to run the 11.50 class.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member

bigriff85

Established Member
I thought it was great out there was with Escobar and it was so satisfying watching coyote power spank every LS/2jz fan boys dream cars all day and night! You're car looked good out there I believe I have a vid of your car on my other phone I'll try to post it this week on yourube!

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I thought it was great out there was with Escobar and it was so satisfying watching coyote power spank every LS/2jz fan boys dream cars all day and night! You're car looked good out there I believe I have a vid of your car on my other phone I'll try to post it this week on yourube!

Cool I talk to Escobar for a little. talk to him thursday when he was at TnT also. real cool guy. Thanks man if you could upload the vid that would be great.

BMR Tech

Good job Jim.

I am extremely impressed with your car. I would have to say that it's got to be one of the better performing Coyotes out there, for the mods it has.

Unleashed, I was there Saturday. Most of the people who I spoke with (mainly S197's with BMR Suspension) were having pretty good results, hooking. Collin (Racing Integration) was racing his Manual Trans Twin Turbo Coyote....and was running extremely consistent to the sixty....which is a pretty good basis - especially considering that he runs Drag Radials.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Unleashed, I was there Saturday. Most of the people who I spoke with (mainly S197's with BMR Suspension) were having pretty good results, hooking. Collin (Racing Integration) was racing his Manual Trans Twin Turbo Coyote....and was running extremely consistent to the sixty....which is a pretty good basis - especially considering that he runs Drag Radials.

Thank you, this confirms what I expected. He has a stick car, and it just wasn't his day. I interpreted it as an excuse to a poor suspension setup, as he is running the MT ET Pro 275 radial.

I want to see video of Coyotes at the event.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
Good job Jim.

I am extremely impressed with your car. I would have to say that it's got to be one of the better performing Coyotes out there, for the mods it has.

Thanks Kelly she runs good for her mods.

Thank you, this confirms what I expected. He has a stick car, and it just wasn't his day. I interpreted it as an excuse to a poor suspension setup, as he is running the MT ET Pro 275 radial.

I want to see video of Coyotes at the event.

I want to see videos too, waiting for people to post them.

I'm on a 28x10.5 now

I thought you switched.

Users who are viewing this thread