Fixing the Clutch issue (too light of a pedal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Here's a HOW TOO ON FIXING the clutch being too Light,this makes the clutch grab better and more firm, thanks to 99.9Stock for this mod :beer:

first off you'll need a nice sized screwdriver, start pushing in the clutch pedal with one hand and turning red sensor counter clockwise as shown in the picture below, with a flash light in your mouth you'll see that it it can pivot (look above its the red sensor,disregard my finger in the picture)

photo6sw.jpg

NEXT, pop the little clip off my finger is pointing too

photo5lp.jpg

NEXT, push the metal cable to the left, it take some umph to move it but it will slide, use the screwdriver lightly but be careful

photo4df.jpg

NEXT, you'll pry the spring ff but watch your face, it ain't screwing around it will pop off afterwards R&R it all back and enjoy the firmer pedal

THIS IS THE SAME AS LETHAL'S FIX BUT WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY A GT500 pedal

Last edited:

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Vary good job!!! I think i was so excited that it was so easy and free blanked on the details. This will make alot of people very happy

wazslow

Established Member
Im having a difficult time seeing the spring you guys are talking about. Maybe if I look at my clutch assembly it will make more sense to me...

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
Im having a difficult time seeing the spring you guys are talking about. Maybe if I look at my clutch assembly it will make more sense to me...

The spring is not in these pic's it has already removed look at yours it will be on the right side of the peddle.

RSKtakR

Established Member
i must be stupid or something..what good is turning the red sensor counter clockwise, and removing the clip and metal cable going to do? Someone posted that there is a spring that is allready removed that isnt pictured??..is that all we are removing here? will the clutch feel any different and ACTUALLY perform different? might have been better to do this write up w/ the spring still installed so we could all see it as we all havent looked up under there yet.. just sayin... informative none the less.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i must be stupid or something..what good is turning the red sensor counter clockwise, and removing the clip and metal cable going to do? Someone posted that there is a spring that is allready removed that isnt pictured??..is that all we are removing here? will the clutch feel any different and ACTUALLY perform different? might have been better to do this write up w/ the spring still installed so we could all see it as we all havent looked up under there yet.. just sayin... informative none the less.

you have to do these things in order to remove the spring

RSKtakR

Established Member
ok so i drove the car 32 miles to work this morning.. DEFFINELTY stiffer!! im guessing this is all just to make the pedal feel better and doesnt really change the amount of presure on the clutch or anything though right? im glad i did this though as it feels LOTS more like a clutch pedal should feel i think. a friend of mine put the mcleod clutch in his 5.0, and the pedal ended up being softer then the stock clutch.. felt like something was REALLY wrong w/ it because it was so light, but thats how its suppose to be i guess. i havent decided if im going w/ the mcleod or the ram twin disk yet, but im curious how it will feel w/ the pedal like this now. thanks btw!!

1slo5ohh

Established Member
i did mine yesterday to. it does feel better and it doesnt seem to be as notchy...like with the spring in shifting at lower rpms the shifter seemed a lil notchy now it shifts like butter

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
We did this to my car Friday morning.

It does give the pedal a better feel, but it didn't help the clutch sticking to the floor issue! :whine:

lsp408

Established Member
I look at mine today and I can not find the spring you talk about. Mine has the big coil spring only. Is that the spring need to be remove?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread