Fixing glazed rotors

Jroc

Established Member
I have HPS's and they've never squeaked. Did you replace all the anti-rattle clips?

I put some brake quiet on the rear of the pads and no issues ever.

No, but I shouldn't have to. From talking to people at performance shops, and online its kind of a hit or miss thing whether or not your Hawk pads squeak or not. Kind of like some Terminators have alternator problem while mine does not.

I personnally do not recommend these pads.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
shouldn't have to? They are springs and the tension will eventually lessen allowing the pads to vibrate giving you a squealing sound.

Jroc

Established Member
I've never used anti-squeal before, and have never had a squeaking problem, and I've done 4 or 5 brakes jobs on various cars outside of the ones I did in school in Automotive class. I know of noone who uses it, and everyone I've asked who's tried it says it kind of does a meh job. Also their brand new pads and everythings tight on them.

I'm not going to sit around and keep doctoring on these stupid pads. Three of the springs used to hold the pads on the ones I replaced were broken off, and they weren't making noises so I'm not convinced that it has anything to do with vibration as my HPS pads are very tight in the calipers. It might be the clips or whatever their called rubbing on the caliper brackets but IDK. Still if it was them vibrating then how come I can resurface the pads, and they won't make any noises for the first 5 or so minutes after start breaking them in, and then they'll slowely start to develop their squeak until it gets louder and louder?

Their a compromised product for a street car IMO. Their suppose to be a street pad, and not even the most aggressive street pad that Hawk offers and they are sitting very tight in their holders so their should in no way be squeaking the way they are from vibration IMO. Seriously y'all would just really have to hear how bad they are. I can easily hear them over my radio.

If you like them then good, but I don't. Some claim to have great luck with these pads while others say they squeak like crazy for them no matter what they do. Just like alot of people love MGW shifters, and hate Tri-Ax's. I personnaly love the Tri-Ax shifter, and am not overly fond of MGW's. Everyone has their own opinions, but in mine I don't feel that the little bit of extra aggressiveness HPS pads compound over the factory pads warrents using them on a streetcar if its causing this aggrovation. The factory pads perform just fine IMO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread