FITTING A DIFF ON AN SC ????

HoTT232

Established Member
WOULD ANY ONE HAPPEN TO KNOW WHAT ENGINE WOULD FIT ONA T-BIRD SC OTHER THAN THE 3.8 232??? WOULD THE 289 FIT?? HOW BOUT THE 302 ,OR HOW BOUT THE 4.6 281 ,HOW BOUT ANYTHING HIGHER THAN THE 302 THIS S WITH A STANDARD TRANSMISSION WILL ANYONE HELP PLEASE THANKS ,HOTT232!!

Werty

Established Member
If you have a 3.8, swapping to a 5.0 is the easiest. I have heard of 351w being used. But that would be a tight fit. I don't think the 4.6 will fit on the original tranny. But, that is just a guess. Because the 4.6L bird use a different tranny than the SC.

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
enough with the cap...

That gets annoying. If you have an SC and you are looking for a swap I know the 5.0 will fit, the 281, the 428, the 460, the 351, hell you can do just about anything, but you will need to rewire some stuff and you'll surely need a new tranny if you go with a big motor. The compartment is large enough for most anything you wanna throw at the car. Lemme know if you need more help or if you are serious about swapping in a bigger motor. later

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
would the IRS be able to handle the upped power? I assuming, a hi-po motor.

Blown306

Established Member
No problem with street tires. But you want to run slicks you say? Just weld up the subframe and control arms, replace the bushings with poly's, add Raxles half-shafts, good for 1.3-1.5 60 ft.

Users who are viewing this thread