First WI Maverick spotted

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Saw this '22 Maverick in Western WI yesterday. Owner said it's #10 in the nation, first in WI to hit the road.
2.0L Ecoboost (XLT I think), 8 speed auto, AWD, heated seats/steering wheel, spray-in bedliner. There's storage wells under the back seats when you flip them up. Only has 200 miles on it. Owner said they ordered it in late June. She loves it.
Noticeably smaller than the new Rangers. Still don't know why Ford just didn't make a bottom dollar, no frills, Ranger.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.33.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.31.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.31.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.34.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.30.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 7.12.02 AM.png

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Looking good. 2.0L ecoboost is a peppy little engine. Definitely liking these the more i see them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree that Ford should have instead offered a no-frills Ranger model. One of the complaints about the Ranger is that it's expensive. A base model with no frills would have answered that, while giving buyers a nicer looking small truck with smooth lines. But, trucks are popular. So Ford would rather offer a new, cheaper, smaller model.

The Ranger is so much nicer, design wise.
ford-ranger_100812947_m.jpg

Vs. Maverick (no denying that hint of Ridgeline at the rear)
2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-promo-image.jpg

LethalBlake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ive seen a few of these down in Florida and absolutely hate how they look stock. I do however feel with some minor cosmetic mods like a lift/level, wheels/tires etc they will look much better.

Dusten

Established Member
Saw this '22 Maverick in Western WI yesterday. Owner said it's #10 in the nation, first in WI to hit the road.
2.0L Ecoboost (XLT I think), 8 speed auto, AWD, heated seats/steering wheel, spray-in bedliner. There's storage wells under the back seats when you flip them up. Only has 200 miles on it. Owner said they ordered it in late June. She loves it.
Noticeably smaller than the new Rangers. Still don't know why Ford just didn't make a bottom dollar, no frills, Ranger.

View attachment 1726905

View attachment 1726904

View attachment 1726906

View attachment 1726908

View attachment 1726909

View attachment 1726907
They do.
And the base ranger is only a few k more than a base Maverick with the Ecoboost
Screenshot_20211109-113438_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211109-113405_Chrome.jpg

Dusten

Established Member
$21,080 = $25,070?
Show me where I said =?

The ranger is a bigger truck, it's going to cost more.
But at 60 months, 0% that ranger is $64 a month more.

You specifically said why doesn't Ford make a bottom dollar no frills ranger.

Those are both the base of base models Ford sells.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Is the back seat row capable of seatings or not… the pic makes it seem like not similar to the rear of a mustang?

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I saw two Mavericks on the 20min drive home from work yesterday, one silver and one blue. Granted the blue one was a few blocks from a Ford dealer so it may not count (test drive perhaps). So, the lady's claim of hers being the first to hit the roads in WI seems like bunk. Salesman maybe tried making her feel special. lol

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I agree that Ford should have instead offered a no-frills Ranger model. One of the complaints about the Ranger is that it's expensive. A base model with no frills would have answered that, while giving buyers a nicer looking small truck with smooth lines. But, trucks are popular. So Ford would rather offer a new, cheaper, smaller model.

The Ranger is so much nicer, design wise.
ford-ranger_100812947_m.jpg

Vs. Maverick (no denying that hint of Ridgeline at the rear)
2022-ford-maverick-hybrid-promo-image.jpg

Was driving behind a new blue ranger on the way home last night really liked it. Honestly don't really need a 150 but a like new few year old F150 costs the same as a Ranger so 3.5 ftw. Plus it blows hot/cold air up my bung hole.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Was driving behind a new blue ranger on the way home last night really liked it. Honestly don't really need a 150 but a like new few year old F150 costs the same as a Ranger so 3.5 ftw. Plus it blows hot/cold air up my bung hole.
John Candy Lol GIF

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Saw my first one today at a local place. Not bad looking, but didn’t go up and look close. Mom kinda liked it. I do anything for her to get rid of the 04 Escape.

MapleJay

Makes sense.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Holy sidey ways engine bay Batman. Didn't notice at first, deal breaker.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy sidey ways engine bay Batman. Didn't notice at first, deal breaker.
A transversely mounted engine in a SUV or truck is a big no-no in my opinion. I don't know if it would make sense ($$$$ nor practicality) for Ford to place the 2.0L in a longitudinal fashion but lacking that type of application would be a deal breaker.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
A transversely mounted engine in a SUV or truck is a big no-no in my opinion. I don't know if it would make sense ($$$$ nor practicality) for Ford to place the 2.0L in a longitudinal fashion but lacking that type of application would be a deal breaker.

My guess is its predominantly FWD and the backs are the AWD opposite a "real" truck so it wouldn't make sense. Also makes it kinda lame. Have a friend looking to trade his Taco for one when the lease is up. Hybrid for mileage, lives like 10 miles from work and has a low mileage Civic from an older family member. Makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread