First Track Day of the Year ... non-SVT Content

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
For Christmas this year, I got my son his first track day as one of his presents. So, we prepped his M3, and got ready to go, and then I jacked up his brakes right before we were supposed to leave. So, to stay true to my word, I let him take the Evo ... pics below ...

My Son ..
photo9copycopy.jpg

Evo ..

ck6o.jpg

On Track ..

aw9z.jpg

Oh .. and I took the Caddy too .. :)

b8wj.jpg

Last edited:

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
This track day was with "Just Track It, LLC", small private group of great track addicts. I got to instruct him (15 years pro), so it was all good times. Truly, this is something I will NEVER forget, and I am pretty sure he won't either.

Here is a vid of the final tune before we left .. the car LITERALLY was in pieces till the day we left, because we weren't planning on taking it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3Qw0xV5rM&feature=youtu.be

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I can't wait till my son is old enough to do this. He just turned 4 yesterday so it's almost time to get him into carting... I'm thinking the next Amercian F1 champion :beer:

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
I can't wait till my son is old enough to do this. He just turned 4 yesterday so it's almost time to get him into carting... I'm thinking the next Amercian F1 champion :beer:

That's exactly how I started, was in go-karting .. did it since I was 8, and moved into cars when I was 16/18.

The track was TGPR (Talladega Grand Prix) perfect for him, small track, we didn't really see speeds well over 100, except in the Caddy, which was surprising amazing ...

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Looks like an awesome time. Can't wait to do this with my kids too. Right now they're still sitting on my lap on the 1/4 dirt road to our house, trying not to bounce off trees.

Does you cadillac have 8 characters? C A D Z I L L A

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Looks like an awesome time. Can't wait to do this with my kids too. Right now they're still sitting on my lap on the 1/4 dirt road to our house, trying not to bounce off trees.

Does you cadillac have 8 characters? C A D Z I L L A

Yep it does ... :) .. it's the wife's toy, but I had to take it to the track once.

makevelie187

Established Member
ooh fun! me and my father are going to Laguna seca this saturday in the 2014 M3!! pretty excited! Thats an awesome bonding moment btw, my first track day was also purchased by my father and it was the best birthday present iv ever gotten.

Last edited:

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
ooh fun! me and my father are going to Laguna seca this saturday in the 2014 M3!! pretty excited! Thats an awesome bonding moment btw, my first track day was also purchased by my father and it was the best birthday present iv ever gotten.

He seemed to really enjoy it, but now he's got the bug. Looks like we are going to hit Barber in Feb. And, I am taking slicks this time, I am sick of sliding around the corners on street tires.

Users who are viewing this thread