First to the 8 seconds! FuelTech's C8 Corvette! New World Record | 8.973 @ 160mph

6.0GTO

Established Member
...and he has a Plaid. Look which one he chooses to race. Though seems a little soft for the power he is claiming.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
But can you sip on a mocha latte while driving the vette to a sub 9 second? /S

quad

Established Member
Clearly a plaid is more fun to drive and watch run the same numbers
I like loud cars. But let's face it the Plaid goes sub-9 second much smoother than this C8 jerking every time it shifts. The car is also automatic so how is this different than driving a Plaid. Other than hooking is harder and it jerks more than the Plaid.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I like loud cars. But let's face it the Plaid goes sub-9 second much smoother than this C8 jerking every time it shifts. The car is also automatic so how is this different than driving a Plaid. Other than hooking is harder and it jerks more than the Plaid.
I mean I get it, the plaid is an impressive feat, but literally no one is going to want to watch a bunch of electric cars make passes. Most of the allure of going to watch drag racing has to do with loud engines, race gas, the smell of burning rubber, violent launching, all of which an electric car doesn’t have. There’s just no arguing that.

gofast15

Established Member
Wow , what a complete cluster shit just to get into 8s .
Built motor, trans, clutches, 2 fuel systems , 3 engine computers, 2 turbos , nitrous kit , M1 methanol fuel , drag wheels /tires

20211116_201929.jpg
20211116_202042.jpg
20211116_202108.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
Wow , what a complete cluster shit just to get into 8s .
Built motor, trans, clutches, 2 fuel systems , 3 engine computers, 2 turbos , nitrous kit , M1 methanol fuel , drag wheels /tires

View attachment 1727928View attachment 1727929View attachment 1727930
You must be so proud that you bought a car that my 70y/o mother could also buy and do all the exact same things in.

Have fun in your future world of all identical EV's with zero character and identicle performance.

gofast15

Established Member
You must be so proud that you bought a car that my 70y/o mother could also buy and do all the exact same things in.

Have fun in your future world of all identical EV's with zero character and identicle performance.
That's perfect. I bought a best daily driver that's out there and I enjoy it every day of the week . I put more miles on my Plaid in 1 week then you did on your gocart in 5 years . I don't need a heavy modified car that's broken 50 weeks out of the year or a race car that's driven 5 times a year .

Pick your poison. I have chosen to get a car that I can enjoy whole year around . daily that I drive every day no matter what weather, do 1/4 mile , 1/8 mile , no prep, runs up in the mountains, tail of the Dragon etc . You have chosen to race a gocart 5 times a year and daily a lame boring box

blk02edge

Established Member
That's perfect. I bought a best daily driver that's out there and I enjoy it every day of the week . I put more miles on my Plaid in 1 week then you did on your gocart in 5 years . I don't need a heavy modified car that's broken 50 weeks out of the year or a race car that's driven 5 times a year .

Pick your poison. I have chosen to get a car that I can enjoy whole year around . daily that I drive every day no matter what weather, do 1/4 mile , 1/8 mile , no prep, runs up in the mountains, tail of the Dragon etc . You have chosen to race a gocart 5 times a year and daily a lame boring box
I do about 40 days a year on my car that takes skill to drive, makes a great noise and would pack your fudge 20 ways to Sunday around a track. Calling it a gokart is hilarious though.

I actually get it, an EV makes a great appliance of a DD for a non car enthusiast who needs to go A to B to buy tampons

quad

Established Member
I do about 40 days a year on my car that takes skill to drive, makes a great noise and would pack your fudge 20 ways to Sunday around a track. Calling it a gokart is hilarious though.

I actually get it, an EV makes a great appliance of a DD for a non car enthusiast who needs to go A to B to buy tampons
The C8 in this thread is fully automatic. Explain to me how it takes more skill to drive that than the Plaid. It's ridiculous how many mods this guy had to throw at the C8 to get it to beat a gutted plaid by 5 mph in the 1/4 mile.

blk02edge

Established Member
The C8 in this thread is fully automatic. Explain to me how it takes more skill to drive that than the Plaid. It's ridiculous how many mods this guy had to throw at the C8 to get it to beat a gutted plaid by 5 mph in the 1/4 mile.
so tell me again, why don't you own a Plaid?

Users who are viewing this thread