first time to the track with the NX plate kit

1quick

Established Member
So my only mods are off road H pipe, JLT cai, nitrous and lund tune auto car on et street pro's, I ran an 11.57 at 119 on a 100 shot, I was stalling it to 1500 at the line and just mashing it as i let off the brake, is that a good way to go or is there a better way to launch with a stock converter auto, my 60 foot is pretty bad N/A with those taller tires I only ran once before i sprayed but stalling as far as the stock converter would go about 2500 and launching it only managed a 2.1 60 foot, on the spray it was a 1.7 Im looking forward to running the 150 shot next time, also there was no tire spin on any run

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Most people find leaving off idle works best. I go slower anytime I give it gas on the brake. fyi

nate-roth

Established Member
I would just flash the car from idle, should give you a better result than loading the car up. The 150hp setting should pick up quite a bit. Did Lund set the tune for 100hp or 150hp? Thats quite a big difference, my experience is that the 150 hits from a plate kit feel a whole lot stronger than the 100 hits. You should be data logging and definitely check with your tuner to make sure the tune has enough timing pulled for the 150hp jetting.

1quick

Established Member
lund tuned it for 100 he said with some race gas mixed in with the 93 or torco it would be fine on the 150, I told him I plan to spray a 150 some at the track but he wont tune for more than 100 on 93, ive data logged the 100 and sent them back and fourth with him but not the 150 yet I should probably do that before i run it at the track next time

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Stock converter, N/A I usually come off around 1300rpm. That usually nets me a 1.9x 60'. That's the best I've been able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread