First time on track (VIR)!

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Just got on track last Saturday for the first time, it was amazing! Technically they were parade laps but at almost 125 mph down the back straight it was faster than most parades:). It was pretty critical that I push it with a 700hp GT500 in front and a GT350 in my rear view. The pics are from early in the hour long session and the Shelby "sandwich" was later with a different -faster- pack of cars

Car ran great and the blower whine at WOT in 2nd, 3rd and even into 4th some was great.

Now I'm sure this is nothing to those of you who track regularly but for a newbie I see where the addiction can originate.

38c11eed0260be10d344b2b7ed6c3778.jpg
035f09fe1dda3457f66c09f47e530a59.jpg

Sent from my SM-T710 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I'm gonna have to do this. I'd be interested to know what I'd need. My 04 Terminator vert is all but bone stock.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I'm gonna have to do this. I'd be interested to know what I'd need. My 04 Terminator vert is all but bone stock.

My Terminator is completely stock and it performed great. It's my take that the cars were designed to be driven and I'm just driving it how it was intended originally. As for prep, I'd say just make sure you check your brakes and tires. I burned through 1/4 tank of fuel in an hour of "parading" and I was hoping not to be "that guy" who runs out of fuel on the track:).

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
My Terminator is completely stock and it performed great. It's my take that the cars were designed to be driven and I'm just driving it how it was intended originally. As for prep, I'd say just make sure you check your brakes and tires. I burned through 1/4 tank of fuel in an hour of "parading" and I was hoping not to be "that guy" who runs out of fuel on the track:).
What about safety equipment for you or the car? Anything additional necessary?

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
You have a very nice car! I had the DSG vert there.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
Proof that I was actually on track:) It's a very rough edit of a couple segments so don't expect much. My passenger had his hands full keeping the camera pointed out the windshield. Can you say GoPro in my future?

Users who are viewing this thread