First time ever to drag strip and new dyno #s ( VMP TVS)

MaxSimoneau

Established Member
2 years ago I made 463whp 507 wtq on a pullied eaton, since then I added a VMP TVS with 2.8'' pulley and I did 591 whp and 616 wtq on the same dyno (91 oct gas and torco) . Note that the car was really hot because this was the third dyno run . The first 2 dyno run were not good because tires were spinning on the rollers.

The day after , I went to my first time ever on the 1/4 mile. My best ET was 11.87@121 mph.. best 60ft was 1.9 sec, on 15'' draq radials.
Also, I was not hard on the launches because breaking something at the track was not an option ( I live at 600 miles from the track)
I know there is a lot of room for improvement, with more strip time I know I can lower these numbers.
On the other hand, I thought that I would be able to run atleast 125+ mph..but the temperature was not there to help me , it was about 92 F outside.
I will be adding a Killer chiller before the next time that I will hit the track or dyno.

Still happy , I made lots of fun at the track !

Slippery Nut

Established Member
2 years ago I made 463whp 507 wtq on a pullied eaton, since then I added a VMP TVS with 2.8'' pulley and I did 591 whp and 616 wtq on the same dyno (91 oct gas and torco) . Note that the car was really hot because this was the third dyno run . The first 2 dyno run were not good because tires were spinning on the rollers.

The day after , I went to my first time ever on the 1/4 mile. My best ET was 11.87@121 mph.. best 60ft was 1.9 sec, on 15'' draq radials.
Also, I was not hard on the launches because breaking something at the track was not an option ( I live at 600 miles from the track)
I know there is a lot of room for improvement, with more strip time I know I can lower these numbers.
On the other hand, I thought that I would be able to run atleast 125+ mph..but the temperature was not there to help me , it was about 92 F outside.
I will be adding a Killer chiller before the next time that I will hit the track or dyno.

Still happy , I made lots of fun at the track !
Do you monitoring your charge temps?

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Slippery Nut

Established Member
No.. but I am pretty sure that some timing was been pulled because it was pretty hot and I did some back to back runs.. my timing begin to reduce at 126 F
I've got a KC and you should have no problems staying below that. I am not running the HE bypass and I've noticed after the car has been up to operating temp for about 20 minutes, the air charge stays about 90° F below the engine coolant temp. While cruising, my air charge never goes above the 95-105 range. If I installed the bypass I could get it a bit lower.

Sent from my XT1254 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ITSTOCK

Established Member
very low rpm shifting, and very slow as well. It SOUNDS like you're shifting before 6k.

But it was also 92 outside and if you drove to the track and sat in staging lanes, your IAT2 was probably incredibly high. Between the DA and retarded timing do to iat, it's going to be a dog in weather like that.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
No, I wasnt spinning

yes, I will try to upload one on this forum..please tell me if this link work;

Yup that worked. You gotta drive that thing like its stolen! Slam those gears in! Cut some time out in between shifts, keep that momentum up and I'm sure your trap speed will go up as well.

Users who are viewing this thread