First Time Driving The FP350S

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
“Its got fuel. Bring it back when you’re done.”

Life is full of amazing experiences both big and small. They all have an effect on us over the course of time, but some leave you changed forever. Especially those events in Motorsport that allow you to drive pieces of engineering art and bad assery.

At the third Signature Wheel Track event featuring Griggs Racing and the Ford Performance Racing School I had one of the aforementioned life altering events. What I am talking about is the first time I ever got to drive the Ford Performance FP350S. Even better was to get it on a fast course like Willow Springs International Raceway.

Had the honor if building wheels for 5-6 of these FP350S cars, and only seen two in person. Rode in a GT4 once and really was shown what a racecar is. Not until this day was I blessed with the opportunity to pilot one. With the price tag and exclusivity of the car I would never ask to drive one that wasn’t mine. On the same note, I couldn’t say no when Dan McKeever told me to suit up and take it for a spin.

Quick takeaways are that the car is absolutely amazing. It felt like driving the GT350R in terms of effort, as it was extremely easy to manage. A car with so much mechanical grip is mind altering. The faster you go the more stable the car is. Tires get a little warm and they beg for more. HANS system has you locked in pretty tight and it’s all about your mirrors. Brakes put you into the dashboard and never seem to fade. Sound if the exhaust bellowing through the gutted interior is the best lullaby you’ve ever heard.

Anyway, enough of the novel as I could go on forever. Here are couple pics and a short video. No lightning lap video as I just wanted to get in the car before Dan changed his mind. Very thankful to all the enthusiasts that attended and to Dan McKeever at the Ford Performance Racing School for coming.

Video credit goes to @Ronda_Roushe_S550. Photo credit to Robert Gluckman. Thanks bro’s.

4AC6350F-3C56-4CB0-959C-6DB2EDB3C4EF.jpeg
9F8734D7-1ED5-4ED9-A356-410E393CB6D1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread