First time data logging

Bullyent

Established Member
I’m having some idle issues with my 04 cobra and while waiting for my x4 I’ve changed my IAC, TPS, cleaned maf (unplugged it car dies). I have an old x2 and no codes were popping up so I’m stuck on why my idle is going up and down 500-1200 rpms. Even while driving it goes up and down causing it to jerk. No hesitation or jerking during shifts. So with that being said I will be data logging for the first time tomorrow. Can anyone help me out and look over the data or point me to the right direction on who can provide a template for the data log. The tuner that tuned the car when it was with the previous owner is not replying so I’m not sure on proper procedures. Thanks in advance

decipha

Established Member
that was a mistake buying an x4 to datalog it, you should have bought a moates quarterhorse its the top of the line diagnostics tool for the 2004 and older stangs it has alot more in depth control and far greater datalogging for the 03/04 cobra specifically and can also backup the ecu and make realtime tuning changes to help diagnose and fix idle issues very easily a s well

if its surging that bad then most likely you have a large air leak

make sure the maf counts are stable with no more than a 5 count jump up or down and that your fuel trims are within reason +/-5%

you also want to make sure spark is staying some what consistent and isnt jumping aroud more than 5-8 degrees or so at idle

Talleywacker

Established Member
I have my X4 from my 11' F150 ecoboost. You saying that I can't use it since it's available and free?

Bullyent

Established Member
that was a mistake buying an x4 to datalog it, you should have bought a moates quarterhorse its the top of the line diagnostics tool for the 2004 and older stangs it has alot more in depth control and far greater datalogging for the 03/04 cobra specifically and can also backup the ecu and make realtime tuning changes to help diagnose and fix idle issues very easily a s well

if its surging that bad then most likely you have a large air leak

make sure the maf counts are stable with no more than a 5 count jump up or down and that your fuel trims are within reason +/-5%

you also want to make sure spark is staying some what consistent and isnt jumping aroud more than 5-8 degrees or so at idle
Yeah so I got a new MAF since the sct BA2400 is no longer made and I got the 2600. So I’ll need a retune and the tuner runs SCT but he’s not replying. Will I need a template when i run it on Livelink? I understand there’s something better than an x4 but I gotta work with what’s already done.

decipha

Established Member
no u dont need a template unless your tuner sends u one or wants u to log specific pids

just simply plug it and open livelink let it identify the car and select which pids u want to log

if u want i can send u my config file I use for the 03/04 cobra

PM me your email

Last edited:

Bullyent

Established Member
no u dont need a template unless your tuner sends u one or wants u to log specific pids

just simply plug it and open livelink let it identify the car and select which pids u want to log

if u want i can send u my config file I use for the 03/04 cobra

PM me your email
Ok sounds good I’ll PM you right now

Users who are viewing this thread