First time at track with JPC turbo set up

Benchracer

Established Member
Well the time finally came to take the car to the track. Earlier in the week, the car started missing during wot pulls on the street so I ordered some new plugs at the local parts store that I work at, well the inventory at the warehouse was wrong and I didnt notice til my plugs still were not there by Thursday night and had to reorder from a different warehouse that was out of state, which meant I would not get the plugs til Saturday around 1:30pm. the track is an hour away and was open from 12:00-5:00. I decided to try my luck and see if maybe the plugs would magically clean up on their own:rollseyes. Needless to say the first pass was horrible due to the ignition breaking up so badly. Luckily my brother decided to come watch and agreed to wait on the plugs and bring them to me. By the time I got them, gapped them, and installed them, it was 3:00, which left me 2 hours left. I immediately noticed the difference in the water box. Much cleaner sound and feel. Pull up to the line and the damn 2 step wouldnt activate:fm:. Out of aggrevation, I just launched it at a really high rpm. Spun through first, short shifted to 2nd and just made casual shifts through the quarter. Very shocked to see the time slip netted a 10.4@140mph. Very happy since this was running on the wastegate(10psi):rockon: I get back to the pits and tried the 2 step 3 or 4 times. Worked every time. Hmmm, maybe I was doing something wrong on the starting line....Got back to the line and once again, no 2 step. Repeated a 10.4@142mph(loving the traps). Back in the pits and the 2 step is working again. At this point I am getting frustrated. Back to the line, HEY the 2 step actually worked, spun a little but pedaled just a little, granny shifted the next couple gears and netted me a 10.19@139mph.:beer: I believe the mph was down due to hot lapping the car. I had time for one more pass. Once again the 2 step did not work so I had a crappy launch and went 10.3@141mph. Considering the bugs I needed to work out, Im pretty happy with my first trip. I have a boost leash boost controller on the way and believe thew 2 step is just a bad connection. I will have every thing lined out for the next trip and ready to blow the hinges off that 9 second barrier when I turn the boost up and actually shift this thing like I should.
Here are a couple of the slips and vids.
[youtube_browser]D7MhmWBUCuc[/youtube_browser]
[youtube_browser]fAi9vfrz5Wg[/youtube_browser]
D219115B-7B88-4C26-85E6-E6334022A48E_zpsr6hr2odw.jpg

51A98057-74AD-4101-8F8D-A3FC3F99D58C_zpsgdrrnpfx.jpg

CPRsm

Two step's probably fine. More than likely you were over the rpm lock out staging. In the lanes, since you were sitting still, you matted the gas pedal sitting still and you were below 1500. You have to be completely floored before 1500 to activate it. Usually when creeping forward to the beams you'll be above that rpm. You can turn off or raise the limit and you shouldn't have that problem anymore. Password for the is PIDcontrol. Every time you make a change in the wot box, you have to do the password and reset it because the default setting will pop back up at 1500. :beer:

Benchracer

Established Member
Two step's probably fine. More than likely you were over the rpm lock out staging. In the lanes, since you were sitting still, you matted the gas pedal sitting still and you were below 1500. You have to be completely floored before 1500 to activate it. Usually when creeping forward to the beams you'll be above that rpm. You can turn off or raise the limit and you shouldn't have that problem anymore. Password for the is PIDcontrol. Every time you make a change in the wot box, you have to do the password and reset it because the default setting will pop back up at 1500. :beer:

You might be right. Its just weird since I have had this 2 step on the car for over 3 years with no issues til now. Ill try it out. Thanks for the tip. :beer:

Deespeed99

Established Member

I agree. Same thing happenend to me in my 13. Floored it went straight to redline. Let it sit back down to idle and it worked again.

D.T.R

Established Member
Thanks man. Our cars would be a good race right now as they sit. Wish I lived closer. :beer:

Yeah man, that would be an awesome race. I would probably get treed badly lol... I haven't been practicing reaction time at all... I've been sitting there with a green light trying to footbrake lol

Benchracer

Established Member
Yeah man, that would be an awesome race. I would probably get treed badly lol... I haven't been practicing reaction time at all... I've been sitting there with a green light trying to footbrake lol

Eh, while you try to figure out your footbrake, I will figure out my 2 step issue. :beer:

poof100

Established Member
Nice job Brad! The mph is there for the 9 already! :burnout:

You are using the WOT box for the 2 step right, not the MSD 2 step?

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
Nice job Brad! The mph is there for the 9 already! :burnout:

You are using the WOT box for the 2 step right, not the MSD 2 step?

Correct. I have had it on the car for over 3 years but this is the first time it has not worked.
I agree with the mph for 9's. Once I get a decent 60' and do some wot shifts, it will be there. Gonna turn the boost up a little more too.

poof100

Established Member
Correct. I have had it on the car for over 3 years but this is the first time it has not worked.
I agree with the mph for 9's. Once I get a decent 60' and do some wot shifts, it will be there. Gonna turn the boost up a little more too.

Cool, was just curious on the WOT box. My MSD has worked so far, so good. lol

Yeah, the 60' is the toughest on my car with the Magnum. Mine just doesnt' front half that well, but the back half is where the car hauls. Good luck with the Boost leash!

Benchracer

Established Member
Cool, was just curious on the WOT box. My MSD has worked so far, so good. lol

Yeah, the 60' is the toughest on my car with the Magnum. Mine just doesnt' front half that well, but the back half is where the car hauls. Good luck with the Boost leash!

Thanks Jeff. Im pretty anxious to try it out. I think it will help my 60' a lot being able to limit the launch boost.

CPRsm

You might be right. Its just weird since I have had this 2 step on the car for over 3 years with no issues til now. Ill try it out. Thanks for the tip. :beer:
No sweat dude. Took me a bit to figure that one out. Drove me up the wall. The password is case sensitive also. Good luck man.

Users who are viewing this thread