First Teksid build.

Matshelby

Established Member
IMG-0600.jpg

Matshelby

Established Member
Here's my MM front suspension setup. I opted for the Delrin bushings with the nonoffset a-arms. Very solid.

IMG-0796.jpg
IMG-0797.jpg
IMG-0798.jpg
IMG-0800.jpg
IMG-0801.jpg
IMG-0803.jpg

MG0h3

Established Member
I know there are issues with some adjustable cam gears. They come loose and get out of time.

Not sure which brand.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Matshelby

Established Member
I know there are issues with some adjustable cam gears. They come loose and get out of time.

Not sure which brand.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I heard the old comp gears had issues but these are the revised version. Hopefully, they don't fail.

Last edited:

Matshelby

Established Member
Here are some ARP bolts I bought to replace the 20+ yr driveshaft bolts. Check out allenfasteners.com for good prices on single ARP bolts. They are a thread shorter but I'm not worried about them coming loose. I would just get 30mm instead of 25mm.

IMG-0759.jpg
IMG-0761.jpg
IMG-0760.jpg

Last edited:

Matshelby

Established Member
No more ball joints. A true 3" exhaust all the way through. Once these are welded I think I'm going to get the ARH 1 7/8 headers ceramic coated.
IMG-0766.jpg

IMG-0768.jpg
IMG-0767.jpg

Matshelby

Established Member
I know this started out as my engine thread but I would like to track the progress of the car through here for anyone that might want to learn from my gains/losses or motivate y'all to keep dumping money into your project.

Matshelby

Established Member
While the car is down, I thought it would be a good idea to clean all the bolts and brackets that I will reuse again. Concentrated distilled white vinegar does an amazing job. I didn't even brush the bracket after I soaked it for a few days. Came out super clean.
IMG-0709.jpg

IMG-0822.jpg

Matshelby

Established Member
I think this Derale -6AN oil cooler will work well. The goal for the car is to be street driven anyways so I wanted to keep it functioning as it was supposed to, on the street! I chose AN fittings because I'll be swapping my PS lines to PTFE lines to clean up the engine bay.
IMG-0773.jpg

IMG-0775.jpg
IMG-0774.jpg

Matshelby

Established Member
I'll be replacing all my battery cables with this 0/1 gauge AWG and shout out to Cobra Phil for this beautiful PS res. I will also have to weld a -10AN bung on the PS pump. That's what you see there.

IMG-0783.jpg
IMG-0784.jpg
IMG-0789.jpg
IMG-0788.jpg
IMG-0787.jpg
IMG-0794.jpg

Matshelby

Established Member
I don't think you can wrong with an EMP & PNR combo. I'm planning on making a custom trunk mat out of wood and carpet to hide the sight of the tank. Once again, sorry gents for spamming yall but hopefully, this motivates someone young to get after it.
IMG-0781.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread