First spark plug change, how many miles?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I just turned 57K in my 5.0, when did you guys change your plugs and what did you use for N/A. It's either Iridium or Platinum right? I always use copper core.

2014gtcs

Established Member
Just changed mine went with NGK Iridium LTR6IX, heat range 6. Really didn't need to the car has 21k on it. I have to pull them back out, gapped em according to the owners manual which is .049-.053. NGK recommends .044, what a dumbass.

Called a tech at Ford Performance he said they come pre-gapped, but the proper gap for my application is what the manual calls for .049-.053

Last edited:

14MustangDriver

Established Member
i did mine at 83855miles not because i wanted to i just knew that previous owner didn't do much in the line of maintenance on the car and it was serviced at the dealership,i got the ngk ruthenium gapped to .052 and heat range 6 mfg recommended..car is naturally aspirated accept for the cold air intake cast was a little more that iridium but the amount i drive it i'll never need to changed plugs again in my lifetime. car seems to drive a little better but still has that split second lag from start i thought that the programmer would fix it but i was wrong..

utlong31

Established Member
Reviving this thread. What would you recommend for new plugs in a full bolt on 2014 with a 2018 manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread