first run tonight what do you think?

kdhcoffman

Established Member
I am dragging my 2011 Gt tonight. it will be the first time for me and for my car! it is stock completely and a 6 spd man with original tires and 3k miles on em.... tell me your predictions!
Chris

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
low 13's till u balance ur air pressure to launch & hit ur shifts, with a few trips down id say high 12's are possible. try between 28-30psi with ur stock tires, ur elevation, air temp, humidity and track prep are huge factors also

kdhcoffman

Established Member
my best was a 13.22, and i had no experience until last night... and i definatly agree with the 28 to 30 psi becuase when i went down to 25 it was horrible, either way i could not get the stock tires to stick! i ran it probably 10-15 times last night! it was definatly an experience and i will hopefully only get better!

the run still got me a 5th place trophy for being the 5th fastest street legal at the track and yes there were about 30 cars there!

i lost once against an acura integra because i lost control and had to let completely out of the gas! trust me that run was embarrassing, but i came back later that night and raced him again and beat him by 1.7 sec!

kdhcoffman

Established Member
ok i found my tickets from last night, and i was wrong about my time, so i am going to put it in your format with the correct times

[email protected] - 2,281 60' .1018 r/t i ran this at Coastal Plains Dragway in Jacksonville, NC

sorry my wife told me my fastest was a 13.22 and i can't even find a ticket saying i ran that so shw must of read been confused! but this is straight off of my fastest ticket from last night! and i ran 17 times exactly last night! and had 4 runs in the 13.2 range!

bssmith1220

Established Member
13.5 @ 109 with a terrible 2.28 60ft. I need more seat time and some traction with this thing!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
OMG.... 17 runs!! With a 1.9 60ft, you would have run a 12.6-12.7. What was your launching technique? Best way to leave the tree is like a regular traffice light with a little more agressiveness.

stang910

Established Member
I watched you make most of your runs Friday night. Not bad for not having any experience. My 2011 is on order and should be here anyday. Then you'll have another 5.0 joining you at the track.

kdhcoffman

Established Member
I watched you make most of your runs Friday night. Not bad for not having any experience. My 2011 is on order and should be here anyday. Then you'll have another 5.0 joining you at the track.

thats awesome dude i am still trying to find my exact power band and what to launch at... it took me a shit ton of runs to figure out about taking traction control off... i will prob be out there august 20th or the friday close to that! if you see me out there come say hi...
Chris

stang910

Established Member
What octane fuel were you using and what gear ratio do you have? I sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread