First outing at the drag strip!

rdsnk46

Established Member
Really enjoyed rip'in down the track in a GT500 again. I sold my 2008 in 2012 and waited to by a 13-14 M-Y GT500.

Thanks to Van @ Revan Racing for the guidance with the Mods, Sylvain @ BPS and also to Ken B. @ Lund racing for the tune!

Mods are ATI 10% O.D. w/Blue gates racing belt, BPS Elbow, FRPP Twin 65 T/B, JLT CAI, Bob's Catch cans and LT's/OR-X PIPE, Nitto 555R DR's

received_778257155601247_zpsopsl8fpg.jpeg

IMG_20150118_115640443_zpsfm1oazrp.jpg

IMG_20150118_120220_zpsvxpgj6a7.jpg

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice runs, did BPS port your blower? It looks badass in blue, I'm currently having my blower ported and powder coated blue

rdsnk46

Established Member
Thanks 2011GTCS, BPS did some minor work to the blower as far as I could see. No EGR delete or housing modifications

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Glad to meet you Manuel, how was your car running and what was your best pass yesterday?

10.633 @ 136.19, no grip so I had to ease it of the line, even with a good burnout the NT05R's (20psi) would not hook. Had so much fun, specially on the way over there ;-)

Manuel

PS: Are you going to Ocala next week?

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
These are a lot more fun when you get some mods on them.

I have the same mods, minus the long tubes, and I'm a convertible. I got the same times, 10.85@127 mph (slipping clutch). I have dipped into the 10.77@131 with the new clutch only once at my local track then they booted me for no rollbar.

Here's the run. Listen to the clutch slipping off the start.

[video=youtube_share;PsevvY0EElM]http://youtu.be/PsevvY0EElM[/video]

Last edited:

Blackdevil77

Established Member

I have the same mods, minus the long tubes, and I'm a convertible. I got the same times, 10.85@127 mph (slipping clutch). I have dipped into the 10.77@131 with the new clutch only once at my local track then they booted me for no rollbar.

Nice, what clutch did you replace the slipping clutch with?

paluka21

Established Member
Really enjoyed rip'in down the track in a GT500 again. I sold my 2008 in 2012 and waited to by a 13-14 M-Y GT500.

Thanks to Van @ Revan Racing for the guidance with the Mods, Sylvain @ BPS and also to Ken B. @ Lund racing for the tune!

Mods are ATI 10% O.D. w/Blue gates racing belt, BPS Elbow, FRPP Twin 65 T/B, JLT CAI, Bob's Catch cans and LT's/OR-X PIPE, Nitto 555R DR's

View attachment 33719

View attachment 33720

View attachment 33721

Nice times and mph. Get those 60's down to the 1.7 range and you'll most likely be in the 10.5x range.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Andy, I thought I read somewhere you weren't doing any mods and liked the exhaust note... LMAO!
Congrats on the nice runs, I'm sure they will only get better

rdsnk46

Established Member
10.633 @ 136.19, no grip so I had to ease it of the line, even with a good burnout the NT05R's (20psi) would not hook. Had so much fun, specially on the way over there ;-)

Manuel

PS: Are you going to Ocala next week?
Nice, road hits are always fun. I do have a spot at the half mile event so I don't think I'd make it.

So jealous! I have been trying to crack the 10 second club the entire year. Good for you!

Seemed very attainable to et the car into the 10's with my current mods, I didn't want to damage the clutch. Restraint is not one of my strong points.....LOL!

Nice pass, she had a 10.5 in her yesterday but the event wasn't very organized and the track surface was touch and go...

Nice work! Get those 60' down and its lights out!

A gear swap away...

Very nice!

Thank you Sir!

Awesome!! Think it's time to work on suspension next :D

To be honest the suspension worked well once I put a decent tire on the back, the factory tires are not confidence inspiring...

Nice......................

Thank you

How would you compare your car to the Shelby you had?

To be brutally honest there really is not comparison stock vs. stock. The 13 out shines it in every way, I'm not sure how a base 13 GT500 would compare. Probably a much closer comparison. My 2008 went full mod and had a best 60' of 1.47 @ 9.9X 139mph, on the street I ran it with 100hp nitrous above the 139-142mph trap.

Nice times and mph. Get those 60's down to the 1.7 range and you'll most likely be in the 10.5x range.

Gears are needed for improved 60's for sure

Andy, I thought I read somewhere you weren't doing any mods and liked the exhaust note... LMAO!
Congrats on the nice runs, I'm sure they will only get better

I'm still on the fence about putting the stock mufflers back on with some nice custom tips. I hate the drone............Hi, I'm Andy and I'm a Modaholic! LOL! Thanks TM

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice, how was the weather/DA?
I'd love to be racing this time of year :(
And I strongly agree with your gear comment.
4.10s and the tall 20" DRs are a great pair :burnout:
-J
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread