First Lund tuned GT350! E85 and 93 octane tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447430324.184382.jpg

And on the eighth day, God created E85. If the stock rating was accurate, that's a 16% loss. Means it's making 572bhp with a tune and E85 only! On K&N's DJ, it would probably be sitting between 500-505whp. This thing is a beast. Voltwings, looks like that dynamic compression was being seriously bled off on 93 octane.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Solid gain!

Didn't Ford suggest not using e85 with this car?

Is this Lund's car?

Voltwings

Established Member
Lol, i literally just saw this article in a facebook group for people that road race their mustangs (its called corner ponies, check it out yall). That's pretty incredible, this thing is going to be a monster once some hard parts start going on there ... That's long tube and cobrajet + cam territory on a regular 5.0 from a stock car with E85.

cluscher

Established Member
Damn, that's impressive. Nice to see the torque coming in notably earlier with the new tunes. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

01slowbra46

2014 GT Premium.
Established Member
Holy crap! I cant wait to see what full exhaust and bolt ons will do with this car. Very impressive indeed.

bpmurr

Established Member
I think they might be running it at Cecil County Dragway tomorrow.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
If only I had a source of E85 close to me. Would love to get my R (when I get it) on E85 and throw some LTs on there and see what it does

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
I think a dedicated head, cam and intake package can get a voodoo v8 to 600whp or very close, with equal length 4-1's or tri-y's, running e85, but reliability at that point is likely not so good.

I think these mills will be a lot like the ls7 in that huge power is attainable, but reliability won't be there.

The cylinder walls are thin, yes the tested and proven plasma liners are there, I know. The ring lands are low friction (soft tensile speaking) and the piston skirts are not abuse friendly.

I honestly hope these mills end up being a bulletproof formidable beast in the real world, but my gut says 550whp will be the safe point, maybe 600whp.

I don't think boost will last too well. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

My question is why were the initial numbers before tuning or e85 so low? Like 430whp? Really? Motor tend just tested an r on 100*+ day in California heat/humidity with 91 octane and made 467whp stock.

What type of dyno is Lund using? Mustang? I'd expected solid 470-475whp averages for dynojets and 440-450whp on mustang dyno's. He said it'd probably make 500-505 on k&n's dynojet, which I guess is accurate enough, I just would think going e85 and tuned would yield more than 30-35whp on these engines. Still great easy gains, just expected more. It's early so time will tell if these are good, medium or early gains.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Lund is using a Mustang dyno. The numbers for them on 93 octane are 25whp lower than K&N's DJ numbers on 91 octane.

Honestly, on an NA motor with tune and E85 only, 38whp and 32wtq is more than I expected (23whp more than the 93 tune). Darren's built Coyote made 555 on 93 octane and 572 on E85 on Rev Auto's dyno. So, I was only expecting 15-20whp gain with E85 over the 93 octane tune.

sniper85

Established Member
A little off topic but with the gears, instead of doing a 4.56. How about maybe a 4.10/4.30? Would you still keep most of the power ban and maybe have a little more go low end? Impressive #'s though.

Voltwings

Established Member
You dont want super high gearing on a track car, most people actually prefer the 3.31s to the 3.73s that come in the track pack since the car has enough power to not need the gearing. More gear just means more time spent shifting. Just because it revs so high doesnt mean its a dog down low, its still outperforming a coyote in the mid range.

sniper85

Established Member
You dont want super high gearing on a track car, most people actually prefer the 3.31s to the 3.73s that come in the track pack since the car has enough power to not need the gearing. More gear just means more time spent shifting. Just because it revs so high doesnt mean its a dog down low, its still outperforming a coyote in the mid range.

Ok. I was under the impression since it revs so high maybe a set of gears would be beneficial. Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread