First Journey into FoMoCo Culture

Cousin "It"

Established Member
Greetings,

To get to the point, I am a small block Chevrolet owner. I am a second generation die hard Earnhardt family fan. My accent is dense with mountain culture. My favorite hobby, and sometimes the bane of my existence, is my completely stereotypical 1991 Camaro named Layla (yes, a Clapton reference). Bought in pieces by a broke skinny kid in engineering school, a victim of TBI to carb swap electrical fire, and God only knows what else. She is mine none the less.

With that being said, I know that Dale Earnhardt's chassis were painted with Ford Poppy Red, and that Robert Yates was a living god. I guess that means it is socially acceptable to be here. My first truck was '05 6.0 Super Duty named Red October, and I miss her dearly. My father's truck from my childhood was deep, almost purple, blue '96 4.9 F150, 4x4, single cab, 5 speed. I almost miss that lady dearly. Ford was there in my formative years, and a big part of my entire family identity.

I have close family member that told me I would fit in here, and has tried to get me on here for years. Well, Cousin Itt is finally here, from the red bowtie side of the tracks. I'm a pushrod guy, so Godzilla started to pull me back in. I also love the 4.9 and anything related (especially interested in why there are no performance cylinder heads). Also, the more obscure the history, the better. Take the GAA V8 for example.

So what's up SVTPerformance? Let's have some beers.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP, Cousin It!

the addams family vintage GIF

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Welcome.

You can own whatever around here, we are a cauldron of enthusiasts with an extra splash of Ford in it.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
“It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself” - Dale Earnhardt

…. following Dales advice just being here. Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread