First Full Test by Motortend 0-60=4.0! 12.3@115!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If anyone is looking for a way to kill a few brain cells. You should go and read all the posts under that MT article. I was laughing out loud at some of the desperation being expressed on there! Even calling the MT testers liars. Just too much to accept the reality of it. :burn:

That was a very amusing read, how sad for them, they have to pull the C6Z card to just to keep from slashing their sad little wrists...(BTW GM fan boys it's lengthwise..hint hint;-) )

.. J/K:-D

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
Maybe not, but what does the GT500 do at Turn 1? :shrug:

Insideline had the GT500 going around Streets of Willow faster than the Boss. the boss is, no doubt, flat out amazing, and if carving corners is your primary focus, it's the obvious choice. But ive seen people literally say that the Shelby can't corner and is "junk compared to the Boss" and that's just crazy talk. The lightened front end and the SVT PP on the Shelby are the real deal.

Both cars (to me anyway) have fairly clearly defined niches. the Boss is the barebones twisty track terror and the Shelby is the more opulent street and strip monster.

But to pretend the Shelby is going to be an embarrassment in the corners is just as silly as pretending the Boss is going to be an embarrassment at the drag strip; they're both actually really damn good in both situations.

Last edited:

barstoolman

Established Member
Insideline had the GT500 going around Streets of Willow faster than the Boss. the boss is, no doubt, flat out amazing, and if carving corners is your primary focus, it's the obvious choice. But ive seen people literally say that the Shelby can't corner and is "junk compared to the Boss" and that's just crazy talk. The lightened front end and the SVT PP on the Shelby are the real deal.

Both cars (to me anyway) have fairly clearly defined niches. the Boss is the barebones twisty track terror and the Shelby is the more opulent street and strip monster.

But to pretend the Shelby is going to be an embarrassment in the corners is just as silly as pretending the Boss is going to be an embarrassment at the drag strip; they're both actually really damn good in both situations.

I happen to own both and you are right on!!!!!!:thumbsup: These Mustangs are as good as it gets :beer: You can't go wrong with either :dancenana:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

That's true, but in that same review they also stated they would much rather own the Boss stating it's driving characteristics were far superior. ;-)

Ford seemed to have worked their magic with the suspension on the Boss, in that test it went a full 2 seconds faster than a regular GT with only a 32hp bump in power and as far as we know the track key isn't even available yet..

The GT500 was only half a second quicker with 106hp more than the Boss. The GT500 is definitely a great car, but from what it seems, the Boss would be a lot more enjoyable to push hard around an open track.

Nicolaskl

BANNED
Established Member
The GT500 was also A well abused press car that's been around the block a couple (thousand) times, and sounds like it was in need of some synchro attention in the tranny. Personally I think the fact that it beat the Boss at all is a point in the GT500s favor, rather than the fact that it was only .5 seconds being a point in the Boss' favor.

The LS Boss is a barebones stripped high revving car designed for this kind of track (and streets of willow is fairly small/tight, and you can't argue that that doesn't favor the Boss more than something like VIR would). The Shelby is a fully equipped premium with nav and leather and everything else, and is really more at home on the street and the strip. The fact that it won is a testament to the new aluminum block and the SVTPP package.

I honestly expected the Boss to win this one, especially at Willow.

Users who are viewing this thread