First EDP single trubo track results, Old Colorado record shattered!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
We got the car finished last week. Yesterday was the first test and tune day of the season. So we loaded the car up and headed for the track. To say the day was a success is a huge understatement. We were not expecting any great times, mainly we were just going to work out any bugs we could find. The car performed great and apart from a few very small hiccups there were 0 issues. This car has so much more in it with some suspension, new tires, seat time, and a little more boost. Huge thanks to Slagburn, Bud, and Danny@EDP Performance. 9's will happen much faster than expected.

Runs were done on fairly worn Mickey Thompson ET Pro's with DA around 6700ft. Boost was 10psi. The stock motor record for Colorado was 10.42@136 so we were extremely happy with how the car did.
1979881_10203669300603977_6178710250708096960_n_zpsoomcmtqm.jpg

[youtube_browser]dqtN28S2YBg[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I believe I talked to you on Facebook about your setup haha. Car made some stupid power on low boost, congrats. Video is private btw.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Nice pass, if it wasn't for that little bog on the launch you would've been in the 9's. What rpm is your converter?

gt347mustang

Established Member
Good run! Looking forward to seeing it at Bandimere.

Do you plan to run the half mile event again this year?

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Cool - Didn't know that shop was in the Springs.

I need to make it up to Bandi some time this year to watch my brother's father-in-law who runs a Mustang in the Super Pro class.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Very nice OP! That is in mile high altitude too. How does the power feel in comparison to the paxton?

I wonder what texasstang has run in his single turbo 5.0.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Very nice OP! That is in mile high altitude too. How does the power feel in comparison to the paxton?

I wonder what texasstang has run in his single turbo 5.0.

This thing feels like a completely different monster compared to the Paxton. Its awesome!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The sound of your GT made my heart pound. Congrats on shattering the record. And shattering it you did!

TClark22

Established Member
sounds great! looks like it hesitated a bit off the start. I bet your in the 9s no problem next visit!

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You drag racers make corner exit at turn 10 a nightmare!!!

But seriously, great run, car moves out! I'm actually surprised the DA was that high. Is that typical for PMI?

einehund

Established Member
Actually, 6,700 is good. I do the Friday Night Drags down in Pueblo (which start may 1st!!!) and the BEST DA I've had is 7,200. Usually it is around 7800-8100.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Actually, 6,700 is good. I do the Friday Night Drags down in Pueblo (which start may 1st!!!) and the BEST DA I've had is 7,200. Usually it is around 7800-8100.

Interesting. I've never done any drag events down there. Clearly I'm not about to drive to Pueblo for drag racing when Bandimere is much closer. I've always heard the DA there was quite a bit better though. That must have just been hearsay.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Interesting. I've never done any drag events down there. Clearly I'm not about to drive to Pueblo for drag racing when Bandimere is much closer. I've always heard the DA there was quite a bit better though. That must have just been hearsay.

I don't know for sure, but everything I have heard is that Pueblo is more or less the same average as Bandimere.

Users who are viewing this thread