First dyno

Wals0248

Established Member
Nothing super crazy but this is the first time I've ever had my car on a dyno, I installed the VMP kit last year, its a 13 GT M6 with a gen 2 r and a 85mm pulley on a 91 octane tune. The sae number was 566 peak rwhp.
For comparison we had a stock 2012 GT M6 dyno right after this one that put down 358 peak rwhp.
I was pretty happy with the number in direct relation to the stock 2012, I'm running 93 with a little boostane for insurance. I was a little concerned that I was down on power, probably just a combination of getting used to it and using better gas this summer. This is on the stock tune VMP e-mailed me, no data revisions yet.

Attachments

• dyno.pdf
    555.7 KB · Views: 142

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing super crazy but this is the first time I've ever had my car on a dyno, I installed the VMP kit last year, its a 13 GT M6 with a gen 2 r and a 85mm pulley on a 91 octane tune. The sae number was 566 peak rwhp.
For comparison we had a stock 2012 GT M6 dyno right after this one that put down 358 peak rwhp.
I was pretty happy with the number in direct relation to the stock 2012, I'm running 93 with a little boostane for insurance. I was a little concerned that I was down on power, probably just a combination of getting used to it and using better gas this summer. This is on the stock tune VMP e-mailed me, no data revisions yet.

seems pretty solid especially if the tune is set for 91 octane. If he tuned it for 91 im not sure how these cars react as far as adding or taking away timing. If you consistently have 93 available I'd consider asking for a 93 octane tune as well.

Wals0248

Established Member
I'm still on the stock manifolds and cats. VMP said they could put me on a 93 tune and 79mm pulley, just need a boost a pump. I'm debating that or headers. I have a borla atak axle back so I'd have to figure something out for noise, its already pretty bad/amazing at WOT.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, even if you leave it as is, that's some nice power/torque. Congrats on the numbers. Must be a hoot now to drive!

cheeser

Established Member
That’s about the same numbers I pulled here in Colorado last year with stock VMP tune, but with a 82mm pulley due to altitude.

I had to migrate to a local tuner as VMP couldn’t resolve a P219A code that kept popping. The local tuner appears to have resolved that (maybe by luck...who knows), while also providing 609 rwhp.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
very solid numbers and you arent even pushing it hard. A set of Longtubes and a smaller pulley will put you north of 600.

Users who are viewing this thread