First budget mod to a stock exhaust system

VegasTermi

Established Member
I’m a cobra noob. I’m thinking about getting a Borla Stinger cat back but am wondering if there is anything I can do that will cost less money and still be effective at giving an otherwise stock exhaust system a decent growl?

SLOWBRA

Established Member
A catback is a good option to improve the sound. Borla, Bassani, Magnaflow are all great options. I wouldn’t hack up the oem exhaust to save money.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
yes that borla stinger cat back combined with a stock h will be a great improvement over a stock h-pipe. imo catback s/b the very first mod done to a bone stock car to enhance driving enjoyment. you will pick up a nice horsepower increase too! best of luck with it

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Depending on the budget you could get an O/R mid pipe for a couple hundred bucks. After getting a fix it ticket I ran a stock cat back with my Bassani X and it wasn't half bad. Wasn't extremely loud, but sounded decent.

IMO the Stingers sound decent with a stock H, but have a weird undertone. Or my ears were playing tricks on me.

robvas

Established Member
IF I were to do it all over again...

I would buy a catback. Not a drone master either.

I wouldn’t bother with the off road pipe. Stinky. Leaky. Just a pain. CEL, then either a tuner or sims.

And then I’d save all my pennies for long tubes, otherwise leave it at just a catback.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of my favorites was always the Steeda catback (made by Borla). Nice growl at WOT, no drone, and not too loud under partial throttle. Power wise, you're not going to see much difference between brands. Focus on the sound you're looking for. I mentioned Steeda and Borla, but if you want LOUD, you'll probably like the Stinger.

Users who are viewing this thread