first 5.0 turbo

metaman

Established Member
I am going nitrous on my next car. All the aftermarket blower and turbo stuff is just to expensive. I am moving towards simple is better now.

ShadowLands

Established Member
Rick Head at Exile Turbo Systems is currently fitting the Stealth GT Twin Turbo system to a new 5.0 Mustang. That thing will be an animal.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Its just what I have read and I read it a while back.
They dont have a production kit but they did turbo one of the cars they got.

Of course its all up in the air till they come out will more info and pics.

2_slow_5.0

Established Member
I have seen some awesome work by fastlane and also some horrible work by them. Doubtful at their prices I would let them touch my car for the quality of work not to be consistent. I dont know if that has changed about them but several times I have seen cars come to other shops in the Houston area with holes in pistons along with horrible fab work. Oddly I have also seen outstanding work that is top notch as well! It use to be a hit or miss with them anyone know if things have gotten better or worse?

ShadowLands

Established Member
I am a big twin-screw fan. But I am interested in that.

Considering my car went 10.88/128 dead stock with the Stealth GT kit on 8 psi........I'm going to say that 9.50's is not out of the realm of possibilities with the 5.0 engine and similar boost.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
nitrous is cheaper at start up but that shit adds up quick

For a race car I would have to agree but I think street/strip car nitrous comes out cheaper especailly for smaller 100- 150 shoot which is what most street cars would be running.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
nitrous is cheaper at start up but that shit adds up quick

Yup! A proper kit gets pretty expensive as well, not to mention filling a 10/15lb bottle every week takes its toll.

I am pumped to see this turbo kit though, and see it in action!

Users who are viewing this thread