first 5.0 turbo

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Press Release
FASTLANE FIRST TO TURBO-CHARGE NEW MUSTANG 5.0

Houston-Based Tuner Adds 120 Ponies to Ford’s Vaunted Pony Car

Houston, TX (July 2010)—Using the proven reliable technology of Borg Warner’s 72mm S400 Turbo, Fastlane has tackled the new 5.0 Mustang GT and has developed the ultimate Turbo System. Having already proven their turbo system savvy in the 2010 Camaro SS, Fastlane wanted to be the first aftermarket manufacturer and tuning shop to boost the new Mustang GT.

Fastlane’s new Ford Mustang GT Turbo package will conservatively produce a blistering 530+ RWHP and 500 RWTQ on the six-speed model with only six-seven psi boost.

“Fastlane was founded on modifying Mustangs,” says Nick Field, Co-Owner of Fastlane. “We’ve gone back to our roots with this turbo package and have made the new Mustang GT even more significant.”

The Fastlane Turbo Package for the 2010 Mustang GT features the following:

* Low boost – 6-7psi
* At least 120 additional RWHP
* Designed for stock engines
* Quiet, reliable operation with big block power
* 72mm Borg Warner extended tip turbo, front mount air to air bar and plate style intercooler
* 304 stainless steel tubing, which is mandrel bent for great flow (This kit boasts direct bolt-on with no cutting or modifications needed).
* On a conservative streetable tune of 6-7 psi, this kit produces at least 530RWHP and 500 RWTQ

Beyond the remarkable turbo system, Fastlane’s R&D department has developed additional go-fast performance items, raising the 360 hp at the wheels to the following:

* Long Tube Headers: 390 hp
* Add 3” Exhaust: 401 hp
* Add Cold Air Intake: 412 hp

About Fastlane

Fastlane, Inc. is a team of certified domestic vehicle tuners and technicians who are dedicated to building cutting-edge street machines. For more than 13 years they have provided enthusiasts and racers with the means to surpass the competition, whether on the street or on the track. Fastlane not only manufacturers the highest-quality aftermarket performance parts, but they also build turn-key vehicles suited to customers’ specifications. Fastlane track tests their parts and vehicles and has an impressive winning-trophy collection to prove their engineering can’t be beat. All performance packages meet or exceed the guaranteed horsepower rating at the rear wheels and come with a 12 month/12k mile limited warranty when installed by Fastlane. For more information, please visit 2010 Camaro Performance, Turbo Systems & Supercharger Systems or call (713) 600-8600.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
whats intersting is that even though my 96 4v has ported heads, this motor kills mine at 7 psi. mine makes about 400rwhp at that boost. im an auto though. its still a lot of extra power.

bssmith1220

Established Member
whats intersting is that even though my 96 4v has ported heads, this motor kills mine at 7 psi. mine makes about 400rwhp at that boost. im an auto though. its still a lot of extra power.

higher compression:shrug:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
A lot of BW S400s use a T6 footprint. Wonder if this is the case or will have a T4. Either way the S400 is a legit turbo and should make even more power on a built motor. However it is phycially a large turbo. Makes me wonder where they'll moutn it. Mad props though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i'm pretty sure evo has had a built 5.0l + TT for a while now, though obviously not in any sort of production form. regardless, cool stuff!!!

midlife

Established Member
i'm pretty sure evo has had a built 5.0l + TT for a while now, though obviously not in any sort of production form. regardless, cool stuff!!!

fwiw, i currently have a 2008 335 (twin turbo)... the car´s a beauty and it is fast but:
i do not like the heat that is a natural byproduct generated by the turbos.

i thought the mustang crowd was more into superchargers?
my limited FI knowledge tells me that although a supercharger is LESS efficient than a turbo(s), it also produces little or no heat correct?

is that the reason that most mustang FIs are supercharged versus turbo(s) ??

thanks

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Little or no heat with superchargers? Not so much. I think the reason superchargers are a bit more favored in the Mustang world is packaging and cost. Also ease of install is another favored aspect of a supercharger.

That being said, turbos are gaining ground due to the fact that they can make crazy power.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Little or no heat with superchargers? Not so much. I think the reason superchargers are a bit more favored in the Mustang world is packaging and cost. Also ease of install is another favored aspect of a supercharger.

That being said, turbos are gaining ground due to the fact that they can make crazy power.

+1

A turbo on this engine would be nice. Real nice.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
my limited FI knowledge tells me that although a supercharger is LESS efficient than a turbo(s), it also produces little or no heat correct?

is that the reason that most mustang FIs are supercharged versus turbo(s) ??

thanks

No, they produce more heat, especially positive displacement ones.

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Yeah, Evo was the first.
Evo gained recognition from Ford for their work with GT500's and Evo has had some inside insight beyond what we had available to us about the new 5.0L powerplant.

65SC

Established Member
Yeah, Evo was the first.
Evo gained recognition from Ford for their work with GT500's and Evo has had some inside insight beyond what we had available to us about the new 5.0L powerplant.

if they were the first where is it? they like to show off builds :shrug:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
making kits isn't going to be an issue for anyone, turbos, sc's etc..

the trick is going to be longevity in tuning on the motor.

Plus the fact i think the auto cars with all the bolt ons, and a converter will be awful close to a 10.9 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread