First 1/4 Mile time...need opinions...

Sonic03svt

Established Member
I finally ran the car last night and was only able to get 3 runs in. All three were pretty much right on top of each other.

R/T: .113
60': 2.136
330: 5.628
1/8: 8.473
MPH: 86.86
1000: 10.886
1/4: 12.913
MPH: 111.54

The only modifications that I have to date is a flowmaster cat-back, 2.93 upper pulley, TR6's, and a custom predator tune.

I'm curious as to if these times look okay. I figured that it would run a little quicker than that.

Jason

tv's 03

Established Member
Those times look like a stock cobra to me. Is it a vert?

My car has a cai only and did a very similar 12.84 at 112 on a very similar 60'

Are you at elevation?

nj7703

Established Member
I had almost the same times as you in a vert, until i got a good 60' then i did the times in my sig. It is all about the launch.

racerage7

Established Member
I got 12.66 first pass. But got it down to 12.34 by the end of night. Now with just a catback and a performance tune from the preditor and a K&N it went a best of 12.07. ALL ON STREET TIRES. No drag radials.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by racerage7
I got 12.66 first pass. But got it down to 12.34 by the end of night. Now with just a catback and a performance tune from the preditor and a K&N it went a best of 12.07. ALL ON STREET TIRES. No drag radials.

You did that on the stock F1's??

Brucealeg

Established Member
Originally posted by racerage7

I wish I could launch like you. My best is 13.2, with 2.3ish 60's. I'm having a hell of a time getting off the line with min spin while getting the car into motion.

Bruce

Sonic03svt

Established Member
It's not a vert. I ran at Heartland Park in Topeka which is approx. at elevation 850'. Anyway, I just thought that it would do a lot better. I was having some problems with 1st gear on the launch, so I basically rolled through first and then nailed 2nd. Maybe it's my launch that is crappy.

How does the MPH look?

tv's 03

Established Member
How does the MPH look?

Low:(

Like i said my 03 with a CAI at 450ft does 112. If I had a 2.93 and a tune, exhaust ect, I would be hoping for 115-117 at least

check your tune or dyno. Something does not seem right, you car seems to run like a stocker

Dominick32

BANNED
You should have run at least mid to low 12's with your mods and 2.1 60ft. time.

Do yourself a favor and get your car checked on the dyno with air fuel monitoring. That will tell you whats going on with your car.
I am not knocking or ripping on the stock Predator tunes but sometimes they dont work right with everyones car. You might need some custom tunes put into that predator for you.

If your dyno chart looks good(good numbers for your mods and safe a/f's below 12), THEN ITS YOU THE DRIVER WHO IS DOING SOMETHING WRONG ON THE TRACK!

If your dyno chart does not look right, do yourself a favor and fax it over to one of the tuning guys, and discuss to them what you want out of your car. They should be able to send custom tunes into your predator.

Dom

Sonic03svt

Established Member
Well, it is a custom tune from a tuner that I purchased the Predator from. I emailed him my pcm and received one back that I downloaded into the car.

And, it probably is me that is the problem, but it was the first time that I had driven the car at the track. I've only had it for about 2 months with only 2000 miles on it. It's quite the change from the Lightning.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Eaither the air there is crap or something, cause your car shoudl have alot more in it... Stock these cars trap around 110, when you do the pulley swap traps should be 115+ depending on other mods. Your E/T depends alot on your 60' and shifting. I ran 12.3@117 with my mods this was with a 2.0', good luck next time out

Users who are viewing this thread