Firebird October 19th, 2012

RFM50

Established Member
I just ordered up drag radials from Summit and they will be in tommorrow. With Firebirds limited schedule this fall and winter, I plan on going every night that they do Firday night Drags. This Friday is the only one until November 16th. Does anyone want to roll out with me? I have a feeling I will only get one pass and get kicked off (No Cage) but it should still be fun. Let me know who wants to roll.

RFM50

Established Member
This is there schedule for the rest of the year unless they add days.

October Street Drags Schedule

5th – Friday Night Drags "Run what you brung”
12th –Friday Night Drags "Run what you brung”
19th –Friday Night "Run what you brung”Drift N Drag

November Street Drags Schedule

16th –Friday Night "Run what you brung”Drift N Drag
30th –Friday Night Drags "Run what you brung”

December Street Drags Schedule
8th – Saturday Night "Run what you brung”Drift N Drag

Im sure they will have more next year but thats not up yet.

Last edited:

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I'm looking for a sunday event as I am screwed with working on friday nights.. do you know till what time do they run till???

Mystic 544

Established Member
I haven't been there yet ... New to AZ and live more in the NorthWest valley but would like to check the track out for sure sometime soon!

If you are worried about getting kicked out - hit SpeedWorld, seems like "rules" are less of an issue :rockon:

:beer:

RFM50

Established Member
Ya I may give them a whirl eventually. Speedworld is really cool because you can pretty much run and come back around and run again. It's just so far away from me.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
RFM: You the guy with the Paxton? I think I've met you before. The track was beautifully prepped last night, a first. It sucks that they only have a few more openings this year. I saw you running last night, some mid to low 11 sec MPH but it seemed the force wasn't on your side lol.

RFM50

Established Member
Ya that was me and I completely disagree about the track prep. I couldn't hook up for anything and neither could anyone else. I ran that 700 hp zl1 and beat him the first time but he then went off and let his car cool and beat me with a best of an 11.7. At 700 horse he should have been running low 10's. Were you running your car? I don't remember seeing a white cobra running.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Ya that was me and I completely disagree about the track prep. I couldn't hook up for anything and neither could anyone else. I ran that 700 hp zl1 and beat him the first time but he then went off and let his car cool and beat me with a best of an 11.7. At 700 horse he should have been running low 10's. Were you running your car? I don't remember seeing a white cobra running.

I thought so. Have you been to Firebird before? That was some legit prepping compared to other nights. You should have seen it the last time it was open; they didn't respray the track at all and the track techs were all hasty. I saw a lot of cars on street tires hooking like no other? There were a few that couldn't hook but that was driver error in my eyes. I'm no expert though. That ZL1 should have ran much better. He seemed to not go hard off the line than get on it. No, I wasn't running my car. I was having problems with my clutch; took a lot of force to get it into gear. I should be running next month though.

RFM50

Established Member
Ya I have been to firebird many times before. How can you say it was good if you weren't even driving on it? Every driver I talked to was bitching about it. Trust me the track prep was crap. The zl1 was hitting it hard out of the whole as well. I know because I was running next to him and I could hear him loose traction and then get back into it.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Ya I have been to firebird many times before. How can you say it was good if you weren't even driving on it? Every driver I talked to was bitching about it. Trust me the track prep was crap. The zl1 was hitting it hard out of the whole as well. I know because I was running next to him and I could hear him loose traction and then get back into it.

Lol chill out man. True I wasn't driving on it, you win. Lol that looked to be the best track prep I've seen from them in awhile is all I meant. Other times I've actually ran it was disgusting. towards the end the zl1 was definitely hitting it hard. The first run I saw it do, was a soft launch. I did notice when he ran you that he went all out, didn't want to lose to a mustang. Anyways see yah there next month

Users who are viewing this thread