Finished TURBO pics at last!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Everything's dirty, no time to work on it lately (insert another random excuse here). It runs good, I just need to tie up a lotta little cosmetic things. It's a show car from 10 feet, but definately not a show car up close by any means until I get some time to clean everything up. The inlet pipe by the TB will be smoothed and re-coated when I get a chance, and the entire thing is coming off this winter for ceramic coating, but for now I just wanna drive it while it's nice out. Keep in mind I have had 3 days with the car since it has been back in good running shape since I'm at school, and yes, I will be cleaning/detailing/painting everything soon. Go>show, that's my perogitive right now. Enjoy.

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Thanks Chris, that's an understatement. lol. The interior and engine bay are filthy from 2 years of neglect while i was building it.

Nolacobra

Deep souf giggle
Established Member
Nice, now just get rid of that intake ! ! lol and that stock k member !

Love the way the car looks tho man im a big two tone fan . . Also have you had any problems with that turbo hitting the idler block plate ?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Nice, now just get rid of that intake ! ! lol and that stock k member !

Love the way the car looks tho man im a big two tone fan . . Also have you had any problems with that turbo hitting the idler block plate ?

It's an AJE K-member. The A-arms are stock though, I wanted to maintain my strut/spring setup. No issues with the turbo hitting anything. You can see the mounting-bracket we built in a couple of the pics.

so pm me how much u would make me a kit for didnt u do this ur self and what kinda power u looking for

Power is uncertain as of now, well into the 400's, probably 440-460rwhp at 5psi judging by how it runs and some of the info in the datalogs when it was tuned. I am not currently producing kits though.

Nolacobra

Deep souf giggle
Established Member
It's an AJE K-member. The A-arms are stock though, I wanted to maintain my strut/spring setup. No issues with the turbo hitting anything. You can see the mounting-bracket we built in a couple of the pics.

Ah i see, yeh i was lookin and like . .theres no way that the stock k member isnt tearing that pipeing up lol !

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
That looks really well put together, I can't believe you have that much ground clearance with the turbo sitting that low in the engine bay.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
That looks really well put together, I can't believe you have that much ground clearance with the turbo sitting that low in the engine bay.

Thanks. That's why it took a year and a half. All the pipes run through the K-member, not under it like all the other aftermarket kits. It also has enough room for a T-76, possibly larger.

JohnsMyName

Established Member
/\/\/\ I was going to mention the same thing. How much clearance did you end up losing, probably not much huh.

Also what color is that silver, it looks nice (but really needs that detailing ;-) ) Have you ever considerd painting the lip on the botton portion of the rear bumper black as well, might look to broken up though :shrug:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Thanks fellas. I really didn't lose ground clearance from stock due to the turbo kit, but I certainly did due to the wheels and tires. It is TERRIBLE about bottoming out with the short tires on front and 28" tires on back, plus the 4-cyl front springs. I need to put some 17/18's on there ASAP for the street.

John, the color is PPG titanium-metallic, and I was gonna paint that lower portion black, but neglected to tell the painter until after it was sprayed, so i said screw it. Maybe I'll do it myself in the future.

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
Cant wait to see it in person. Hopfully I can have my car running for a STL cruz, or somthing soon. I have the dam Procharger, and wished I went the turbo route. These KOOKs have my car in the air. I really love your stance

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Looks nice man. It's unfortunate you're not going to produce the kits...

How streetable is the AJE k-member?

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Looks nice man. It's unfortunate you're not going to produce the kits...

How streetable is the AJE k-member?

That may change in the future, but right now I can't produce them. I didn't mean to get everyone's hopes up, but sometimes life throws ya curves. The K-member seems fine on the street, although the fitment blows IMO, but that's any K-member really.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Cant wait to see it in person. Hopfully I can have my car running for a STL cruz, or somthing soon. I have the dam Procharger, and wished I went the turbo route. These KOOKs have my car in the air. I really love your stance

I might be able to assist you in the turbo'ing of your car since you're local. I have a few parts left over. Maybe I'll bring it by your place next weekend if I'm home, I'd love to check out your car.

Users who are viewing this thread