Find my old 94

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Just this year I picked up a 04 cobra and never knew of this site. But up until a couple of weeks ago I finally got ahold of the original owner of my car. (I'm 3/4 owner) long story. But he was very surprised that I went out of my way to contact him and he was very thankfull and was also wondering the last few years had happen to his car. Well It made me think! I want to find my Old 94 Red lightning. Here are the details if anybody knows, seen or heard of this truck let me know. I'm just curious.
-94 red lighting
-Custom flame paint job with prismatique blue tips. Flames were yellow/red pearl base of the truck was still red.
-roll pan
-flow master exhaust (magnaflow tips) exhaust exit straight out the back
- rear brake light bar between roll pan and tailgate
- pieces of the interior were rapped in tweed
-new image flame gauges
-small tach mounted on a-pillar
-diamond clear headlights and turn signals
-headman headers and no cats
-rims were even re-painted and hit with a shade of red on the stock wheels.
-red spray in Bedliner
- engine was relatively stock with just a filter upgrade
Hopefully somebody has seen this truck as it was different then most especially with the paint job. I sold the truck back in 04/05 to a gentleman in the Rockville Md. Area. Thanks Svt let see what cha got! Btw the mods were off of memory. Lol I knew them well.

Last edited:

tm14930

responding to an older post but if this worked for me , maybe it will help you too.

I bought a '95 F150 new and kept it until 04 when I replaced it. So anyway along comes 06, 08, and 10 and I'm looking for the '95 more and more so I finally ran an autocheck report. It was then that I found it was no longer in NJ where I was looking. I had sold it to a guy 2 towns away, but hadn't seen it since. Turns out he sold it 2 months later after putting a 4" lift on it that he had laying around. So he sold it for a profit, good for him!
So anyway the autocheck showed the 3rd owner lived outside Baltimore, Md. So at least I had that info. Now solely by coincidence I was watching Craigs list for that area and Ebay, and I thought I recognized one on Craigs list. So I contacted the guy and asked for the VIN and he cooperated hoping for the sale. It was a match! But by now and having been near the ocean salt and such, It was no longer worth persuing.

A few months later I actually found a '96 with only 15,000 documented miles in original condition and bought it in '10.

Another option would be to ask your friendly police officer to run the VIN.

GL

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
responding to an older post but if this worked for me , maybe it will help you too.

I bought a '95 F150 new and kept it until 04 when I replaced it. So anyway along comes 06, 08, and 10 and I'm looking for the '95 more and more so I finally ran an autocheck report. It was then that I found it was no longer in NJ where I was looking. I had sold it to a guy 2 towns away, but hadn't seen it since. Turns out he sold it 2 months later after putting a 4" lift on it that he had laying around. So he sold it for a profit, good for him!
So anyway the autocheck showed the 3rd owner lived outside Baltimore, Md. So at least I had that info. Now solely by coincidence I was watching Craigs list for that area and Ebay, and I thought I recognized one on Craigs list. So I contacted the guy and asked for the VIN and he cooperated hoping for the sale. It was a match! But by now and having been near the ocean salt and such, It was no longer worth persuing.

A few months later I actually found a '96 with only 15,000 documented miles in original condition and bought it in '10.

Another option would be to ask your friendly police officer to run the VIN.

GL
Yup I know a few in law Enforcement pretty cool you found your old truck shame it was ruined by the salt. And I may have seen it around before. Lol I'm in the Baltimore area. And I have looked for a f-150 in the past looking for a 88-94/95 to lift as a beater truck dump run truck. I'll have too look in my records and check to see if I still have the vin #. Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread