finally tuned!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
first off, let me say that the following is NOT to put down the abilities of amazon. others have gotten great results w/ them, and rick and linn have been outstanding throughout my dealings w/ them and are definitely tops in my book. what i have found, however, is that my car couldn't be tuned by mail order in a timeframe that was acceptable to me. datalogging would've been a big help, but buying an autotap setup for pc was not what i wanted to do right now.

with that said, i turned to socaldiablo for a "live" tune. i'll let the results speak for themselves:

dyno_20030908_sm.jpg

total tune/dyno time was about an hour. it probably would've gone quicker but we wanted to do a mac vs stinger comparison first (see my other thread here). my perf mods consist of a 2.75rr upper, 100mm billetflow idler, 12" k&n, and the stinger. all in all, i'm very happy w/ the results and how the session went. now i just have to figure out what i want to spend money on next. ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
thanks cobrarlc and pmoddy - you guys were there for me. :)

tetge, unfortunately i didn't get the printout, but the average "pre live tune" a/f was 12.1, the "after" average was 12.0 and flat as a table.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
12.1 & 12.0 are safe in my book. :beer: Or Flat as a Wall like some girls....oh i shouldnt say that should it :shrug: :D

Yeah u will need a roll cage & im sure u going into the 12's arent ur worried about the Cage Deal for Carlsbad?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
12.1 & 12.0 are safe in my book. :beer: Or Flat as a Wall like some girls....oh i shouldnt say that should it :shrug: :D

:lol: the ar a/f was just as flat. something's going on at 4k rpm - if you look at the graph there's kind of a dip. :shrug:

Yeah u will need a roll cage & im sure u going into the 12's arent ur worried about the Cage Deal for Carlsbad?

:( i think i'll just do 60's and see what the 1/8 says until the last run or two. then i'll let it hang out and see if anybody notices. :)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
:lol: the ar a/f was just as flat. something's going on at 4k rpm - if you look at the graph there's kind of a dip. :shrug:

:( i think i'll just do 60's and see what the 1/8 says until the last run or two. then i'll let it hang out and see if anybody notices. :)

I still have a dip on mine.... right at 6300rpm i believe. Think its pretty normal. I havent seen 1 dyno result with it just being flat.

Hum....like last time, thank god they didnt say a word ;-)

onerichrunner

Banned
Thank you Allan for the opportunity to help out. You knew your numbers were low at Dannys place and I am sure he advised you that as well. I would have!! :D

I always advise potential customers (especially out of staters) if you have a dyno in reach that is always the best choice and you can solve any issues you could possibly have right there. It isn't or shouldn't be a fair comparison if you compare mail in vs dyno. The mail in has extreme obvious disadvantages. They cant make corrections at will.

Enjoy

Shawn

Last edited:

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
Good job Shawn, as always. Allan it was a pleasure talking cars and stuff with you. You have a beautiful car and good luck with it at the track......:thumbsup:

Last edited:

duane v

Established Member
Great numbers!!:thumbsup: Ive had nothing but great luck with Shawn and not just from a tuning stand-point, he also knows his way around modular engines. Other than myself and Mark Sanchez, Shawn is the only guy I will let near my engine..DA snake boy!!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by onerichrunner
Thank you Allan for the opportunity to help out. You knew your numbers were low at Dannys place and I am sure he advised you that as well. I would have!! :D

no no no, thank YOU! :D i still can't get this damn grin off my face.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by VENOM98
Good job Shawn, as always. Allan it was a pleasure talking cars and stuff with you. You have a beautiful car and good luck with it at the track......:thumbsup:

it was definitely fun getting to meet you and learning about some of the possibilities out there. :) btw, awesome shine on that lightning! i'll have to hit you up for the brand name of that wax you use. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread