Finally the tables turn...

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
From my department... glad to see a different outcome to this one. We have lost 5 LEOs in since 2005. Be safe out there

Sheriff's Media Release: Officer Involved Shooting

At 8:50 p.m. on Sunday, December 7, 2008, Rancho Cordova Police responded to a report of domestic disturbance on 3300 block of Mather Field Drive, Rancho Cordova. The Sheriff’s Communications received a call reporting two people sitting in a vehicle having in an argument that appeared to be escalating.
A Rancho Cordova Police officer arrived at the scene and began talking to the two subjects in the vehicle associated with the complaint. While the officer was speaking with the subjects, the passenger, a black male, exited the car displayed a handgun and fired several rounds at the officer.

The officer was able to retreat to a position of cover and return fire, striking the subject. Immediately recognizing the subject was injured, the officer requested emergency medical aid. Sacramento Metro Fire personnel responded and pronounced the subject deceased at the scene. The identity of the decedent will be released by the Sacramento County Corners office after notification to family has been made.

The Rancho Cordova Police officer involved in the shooting is ten year veteran of the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department. As standard practice and in accordance with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department’s policies and procedures, the officer involved in this incident will be placed on paid administrative leave. The circumstances surrounding this incident will be investigated by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department's Homicide Unit, Internal Affairs, and Sacramento County's District Attorney's Office.

During the exchange of gunfire with the suspect, the Rancho Cordova Police officer was shot one time in the side. Fortunately, the officer’s ballistic vest performed the way it was designed, preventing the bullet from causing physical damage to her person. At this point, the officer, clearly fighting for her life, used deadly force to stop the suspect’s aggression towards her and the immediate threat to the community.

divernb

Unrefined
Established Member
I hear so many stories about people shooting LEO's it makes me sick.

Down here in SW Florida we had an officer get shot responding to a domestic disturbance in a shady area. The officer arrived on the scene, started talking to the couple when the male said he was "Going out Miami style" pulled out a gun and shot the cop before he even had his weapon drawn.

Bunch of horse shit.:fm:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Last paragraph makes me sick, like the article had to justify why an officer would protect his/her life when put in that situation.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
I'm glad to read any story where the officer lives and the bad guy goes down. It's sad when people think pulling a gun on an officer is going to end well.

If you, or a fellow LEO has a survivor story where your Kevlar ballistic vest saved your life please take a minute and fill out the IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar Survivors' Club membership form. I know it takes time to fill out, but it helps get data so the designs can improve.

IACP/DuPont™ Kevlar® Survivors’ Club®

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
Last paragraph makes me sick, like the article had to justify why an officer would protect his/her life when put in that situation.

I totally agree, but there are people out there making comments on sacbee, news10, etc that think it should have been "shoot to wound" rather than her having to kill him. Sadly it appears the paragraph is needed for some people...

xonecrazyx

Established Member
in my opinion if you shhot at an officer just doing there job . its all on you . take your consequences . i have respect for all leo . its a tough job they do . they get to see the worst of most people . while there are officers that go over the line given there job and circumstances its hard not to be rough and or nasty to people . good job by officer in my opinion . one less a-hole on street

03CobraDude

I totally agree, but there are people out there making comments on sacbee, news10, etc that think it should have been "shoot to wound" rather than her having to kill him. Sadly it appears the paragraph is needed for some people...

That's just stupid that people complain and say shit like that. If they had a gun, and someone was shooting at them, I would LOVE to see what they would actually do in that situation. The officer did the right thing. Nothing like a good ol' story about the cops vs bad guys...

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I enjoy hearing POS like this idiot getting taken out by an Officer. Too many times it seems to end up the other way around. I'm glad she is alright, and equally glad that POS won't be able to pull a gun on anyone again.

Users who are viewing this thread