Finally joined the SHO family

D.T.R

Established Member
Hey guys... last night i finally found an SHO and went for it. I traded a 2013 Ford Focus titanium for this 2014 tuxedo black SHO. It only has 20k miles... and seriously, it looks, feels and smells brand new inside still. I have been wanting to get into an SHO for a while now... and specially now that the focus' transmission has been acting up, jerking, slipping etc... so i had enough of it.
So i haven't even had a chance to read the owner's manual and look at the service intervals, or anything i need to know or look for. Doing a quick search last night, i read something about the PTU fluid. Just to confirm, is the PTU the equivalent to a transfer case? reading some of the comments about it, sounds like the PTU fluid needs to be changed rather often?
I'm very tempted to get a tune... and eventually an intake and or downpipes. Out of those 3 things, which one would be the best bang for the buck ? Looks like Livernois is the place to go for a tune... I know that any modifications is a risk... but i want just a couple of mild mods to make it more peppy, yet not have problems with warranty. Oh also, how does one know if the car has a performance package? It has the 20" wheels that say SHO on the lip... if that helps.
With this new addition to the fleet, all my cars are turbod lol. TT 2014 Mustang, 2013 f350 turbo diesel, SHO and then my lil 800whp+ 6766 honduhr. Gotta love them turbo fords :D

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You're not going to be able to put offroad DP's without a tune, not sure if highflows would be worth the money. A tune will put you in warranty jeopardy. I'd go 160-170 Tstat, Offroad DP's, Livernois tune, 3bar map. Should put you mid to high 12's on stock rubber.

To find out if you have a PP, put your vin in here.......http://www.kwford.com/look-up-window-sticker-ford_lincoln_mercury.aspx

PP would be an option package.

I will get another SHO. This time around PP, P401, and multicontour seats.

D.T.R

Established Member
You're not going to be able to put offroad DP's without a tune, not sure if highflows would be worth the money. A tune will put you in warranty jeopardy. I'd go 160-170 Tstat, Offroad DP's, Livernois tune, 3bar map. Should put you mid to high 12's on stock rubber.

To find out if you have a PP, put your vin in here.......http://www.kwford.com/look-up-window-sticker-ford_lincoln_mercury.aspx

PP would be an option package.

I will get another SHO. This time around PP, P401, and multicontour seats.

Those are the mods i want to do to it... it's just gonna take me a little bit of time given that i have 2 other money pits draining my bank account already lol

D.T.R

Established Member
Ok just pulled it up...
I don't have the PP... but seems like they put every option in this thing. it has the 402A package, multicontour seats and the whole 9... i love this thing. I can't see myself ever getting tired or bored of this car... it's gonna be up-to-date with technology for a longggg time.

02_Lightning

Established Member
I run the airraid CAI and the rest of the car is stock. Just enough power for fun on the street.
Mine sounds the same as yours since I got everything but the Performance Pack. I did that specifically because the goodyear tires it comes with were summer only tires. Mine needs to be a winter machine, and it is very good in the snow!

D.T.R

Established Member
^^^
i bought the car used, and until the day after i bought it, i wasn't familiar with all the different packages, etc. Looks i lucked out pretty good... as this thing is pretty loaded.
So did you get a tune to go with the airraid CAI? did it pick up any noticeable power?

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Congrats on the new SHO!

Livernois is the best tuner for the EB 3.5. They have done great things with the transmission shifting, as well as a ton more power. Any Exhaust and intake mods to help it breath better will offer nice gains.

Enjoy!

Mike

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
Best tuner is subjective, but Livernois is definitely one of the best.

Highly recommend going to ecoboostperformanceforum.com and doing some reading.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congrats on the new SHO!

Livernois is the best tuner for the EB 3.5. They have done great things with the transmission shifting, as well as a ton more power. Any Exhaust and intake mods to help it breath better will offer nice gains.

Enjoy!

Mike

Thanks for the kind words! I am glad to see you are enjoying your SHO!

And, btw, we agree on being the best ;)

bret a ewing

Established Member
It's been said a tune can affect the warranty. There is a "Back To Stock" file with the tune package. Can a competent Ford see that changes were made to the ECM? Are they date and time stamped?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It's been said a tune can affect the warranty. There is a "Back To Stock" file with the tune package. Can a competent Ford see that changes were made to the ECM? Are they date and time stamped?

If they dig deep enough, they can tell. However, we have always found honesty is the best policy when working with a dealership. Ask them before tuning it what their thoughts are, they might be completely fine with it due to our track record, or they may not. But do not hide it, if/when they find out they will for sure use that to void whatever they can void.

Users who are viewing this thread