Finally joined the 200 mph club (04 Cobra)

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Congrats and love those wheels!!

There have been a few on the salt flats but that is many miles. I think top end was something like 224mph or 226mph with average being I think 213mph This was in 2007ish so hard to remember. It was also in a yellow Cobra. So maybe they are the fastest!

Smooth may be on to something..

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Congrats man! I know you've been chasing that for a long time. Car looks great as always!

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Still getting stuff off the cameras, but made a quick video:

Does the launch look more aggressive in real life on that FGT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No one launches hard at the TX mile, save for the few odd ducks who also do burnouts. Also, that car runs so smooth its a little deceptive. It was off like a rocket.

Very cool!

You have some balls taking a car like that over 200. Mine was super scary at 160.

Haha, believe it or not, it's very smooth and stable. It's just new Bilsteins and lowering springs, too.

Congrats. Its hard to see but do you have a roll bar foofinator?

Yessir, a six point. It's mandatory for going over 199.

MG0h3

Established Member
Nice. Looks like it was gonna keep pulling

No launch and spinning through first and second and still 136 in the 1/4. Not bad!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Yessir, a six point. It's mandatory for going over 199.

Only a 6 point is required?!? Holy cow. Do they require fire suppression or Hans device? That seems super sketch for something traveling at 200mph.

I remember seeing the cage on the FGT that was just nuts. It looked like the cage was built for the driver.

Congrats on the 200mph pass. Insane.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Only a 6 point is required?!? Holy cow. Do they require fire suppression or Hans device? That seems super sketch for something traveling at 200mph.

I remember seeing the cage on the FGT that was just nuts. It looked like the cage was built for the driver.

Congrats on the 200mph pass. Insane.

Thanks! They require a small fire extinguisher mounted within easy reach of the driver. No Hans device, though I think it's recommended. I believe the requirements go one step higher at around 215 MPH.

Congrats J! Hope all is well my friend.

Thanks Kevin! Hope all is well with you too. Steve texted me today. I need to get back to Dallas and catch up with everyone.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Congrats OP what brand tires (front&rear) are you running?

Hoosier R7's all the way around. It's pretty much the tire for the Texas Mile, and before that, it was Hoosier R6's. R7's also hook really well on the street despite being completely stable. I had some MT drag radials on my car for less than a week; the side-to-side wobbling was totally unacceptable. Drag radials also have a nasty habit of exploding at the mile.

Talleywacker

Established Member
Congrats...

My goal is 250. I’m about 7 years from getting there though according to my budget forecast and it’ll take 1600hp

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Update! Locked up the supercharger on the 2004 in October of 2019 trying to go faster with some nitrous and the car sat through the pandemic. Finally got it out and washed it, and ordered a Gen 5 Whipple 3.0 with race port to replace the old 3.4L.

Really crappy picture of as things are right now..

upload_2021-6-26_14-20-56.png

Better picture of both cars right before the 3.4L gave up the ghost.

Capture.PNG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man do I love your Cobra, Jeremy. She'll be 'Screaming' soon with the new Whipple. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread