Finally in a SVTF!

Jsko

Established Member
Well after looking for a few months for a clean Comp Orange, all I saw was crap neglected cars that were to far gone. I really wanted to get into a SVT Focus with an EAP package. I happened to find a listing for a 2004 SVT Focus that had 52,000 miles and was Screaming Yellow. I figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out in person. When I saw the car I just fell in love with the color.

The car had been sitting for quite some time, so I am starting to detail the car now. Lots of build up and grim in the door jams, around the windows and spoiler. I got most of that cleaned up, and can hit it with clay tomorrow followed by the buffer.

The car has a few mods: ST170 Grill, Mach 1 Lip, SAP Spoiler, SAP Defussor, Eibach Pro Kit, Southbend clutch and a FSWerks Stealth catback. I don't plan to mod it too much, but more like slowly bring it back to its prime. The bumpers need some paint, but everything else is really good.

Enough talking here are some pics!

HBkPFju.jpg

6y8AtvF.jpg

SAP Spoiler

sT6yQDf.jpg

SAP Diffuser looks to be sagging, something else for the to do list.

kIMbTn7.jpg

Came with brand new factory headlights.

Kdo2bgn.jpg

Gcox3al.jpg

I LOVE the Recaros!

24uvzqH.jpg

Really looks great in photos.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
congrats. great looking car. I was looking for a yellow to match my cobra but ended up getting my comp. orange. I'd say lets trade but mine has just over 150K on it now.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Sounds like a great find (can't see the pics from work), should be a great little car.

Since no one has mentioned this, I'd do the timing belt and tensioners asap. I know it only has 52k on it but rubber belts age whether they're moving or not and since the SVT has an interference engine a belt failure means near gauranteed carnage.

If you have any questions or need any tips please let me know.

-Steve

Jsko

Established Member
Sounds like a great find (can't see the pics from work), should be a great little car.

Since no one has mentioned this, I'd do the timing belt and tensioners asap. I know it only has 52k on it but rubber belts age whether they're moving or not and since the SVT has an interference engine a belt failure means near gauranteed carnage.

If you have any questions or need any tips please let me know.

-Steve

Yup, already working on that. I've seen enough of those timing belt threads while looking for these to know it needs to be done. I might need a few other things so I will call when I am ready!

MCPunk79

Established Member
Saw your car on FocalJet as well... quite the beauty... I like everything it has going for it... especially the color!

any updates?

Jsko

Established Member
Saw your car on FocalJet as well... quite the beauty... I like everything it has going for it... especially the color!

any updates?

Right now just fixing stuff from the previous owner. Replacing some old beat up parts as well.

-New EAP Wheels and tires
-New SVT Airbox w/ Snorkel (Had Standard Zetec setup)
-European Center Console
-Mustang Shift Knob (looks like CMAX)
-I lucked out and got a brand new Kona Roof Rack

I have some maintenance work I need to get done. Clutch master just started leaking, so I have to replace that. Everything else has been great. Only other thing I am looking to do now is replace the Mach lip with OEM.

Ill post some pictures when I am off work.

Finally saw the pics and the car looks fantastic! Probably my favorite color SVT besides silver. :)

Thanks. When I started looking Yellow and Black was off the table, I didn't even open the listings. After looking for 7 months and not finding a clean CO or Silver EAP car, I decided to check out this SY in person. Glad I did.

Steve@Tasca

The OEM lip is discontinued, you might try Matt Rowe at Speedway Recyclers in Maribel, Wi. for one.

BTW- Whoever installed that Mach lip appears to have done a great job on the install.

-Steve

Last edited:

Jsko

Established Member
The OEM lip is discontinued, you might try Matt Rowe at Speedway Recyclers in Maribel, Wi. for one.

BTW- Whoever installed that Mach lip appears to have done a great job on the install.

-Steve

Yea a friend told me there were 3 left on the locator a couple months ago, but they are all gone now. I picked up the new Kona rack instead of the lip since I figured it would be more difficult to find new again.

The lip looks good in those photos, but it is starting to warp and I think it would look better OEM. My tuner and I were discussing the lip when I showed him the car and he told me to try the Mach 1 lip by UPR as it might be a harder plastic than stock.

Had this on the work computer, can post a couple more when I am home.
Vq8nulah.png

Steve@Tasca

Ah, yes it is starting to do the wave. You could fix it if you put some time and effort into it.

I'm actually in the process of straightening out my stock SVT lip after hanging in the garage for years so I can reinstall it. I like the Mach lip but it's time for a change.

Jsko

Established Member
Here are some new shots from a few weeks ago.

SN7ZZGo.jpg

cJVhgnT.jpg

9gC2aQB.jpg

BmsTZPm.jpg

99NLnDu.jpg

The European center console.

WlMTwQS.jpg

tY3YS25.jpg

And finally the SVT intake installed.

zkhWisn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread