Finally I own a Cobra - a Project to get it back on the road

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been on the forum for a long time, mainly posting about my 03 GT that I have done a ton of mods to. My Mustang collection has grown since and yesterday I finally got a 97 Cobra!

Black coupe with black interior in great condition other than a hurt engine and a broken passenger side mirror.
Price was reasonable so I just had to buy it!
Better pics to follow.

285_f414823615c2d791f9717cb6ab5432cf.jpg

285_6d3a1bab68ee787a0a616ba3c903a846.jpg

285_20248b29cc52e6237155b8bd56f3f42a.jpg

285_01acd415111bb78d7796a215354e662f.jpg

Regards
Ana

Cobranator

Established Member
Nice find. Looks just like mine minus the black Saleens. I remember you from Mighty Mustangs.net, I also was a member there whatever happened to that site?

What is wrong with the engine?

ToddW702

Established Member
Looks good. I always look at those years wanting to pull the trigger. That view is great too. Looking forward to more pics.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
the previous owner had a KB supercharger on it, car ran until he started to take it apart for a first analysis. Low compression on some cylinders. Apparently it kept blowing valve cover gaskets under boost. He had too many projects and let this one go to a good home.

I just want it back up running without supercharger, so if anyone wants a KB, let me know.
I wish I could find a ready to drop in shortblock to get it back up running quickly.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice find. Looks just like mine minus the black Saleens. I remember you from Mighty Mustangs.net, I also was a member there whatever happened to that site?

What is wrong with the engine?

the site was taken down a long time ago unfortunately. Markus the owner of the site still has the domain but never put it back up. I could imagine that costs got out of hand to run it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations, Ana! So do you still own all 4 of the Mustangs in your signature. If so, yeah, your Mustang collection is definitely growing. I hope you get the engine gremlins resolved as quickly and as inexpensively as possible. Keep us posted.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
Congratulations, Ana! So do you still own all 4 of the Mustangs in your signature. If so, yeah, your Mustang collection is definitely growing. I hope you get the engine gremlins resolved as quickly and as inexpensively as possible. Keep us posted.

Thank you. Yes, I own all 4 of them and hope I will never need to sell one. They are my babies.
Here is a pic of the other Mustangs:
IMG_1167s.jpg

You should go big bore stroker.

This made my day! :D (I'm missing a ROFL smiley!)
Glad to be back on here. I have been through so many setups and ideas with my blue car it's crazy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you. Yes, I own all 4 of them and hope I will never need to sell one. They are my babies.
Here is a pic of the other Mustangs:
View attachment 1696748

Glad to be back on here. I have been through so many setups and ideas with my blue car it's crazy.
Those are really nice. Awesome that you own all 4! And nice that you've returned to SVTP. Now don't be a stranger! LOL.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
the very cool part of now having two SN95 cars is that stuff on the shelf leftover from the blue wannabe racecar fits the Cobra.
Set of Steeda swaybars freshly powdercoated and Carbondriven goodies are already waiting to be installed.
BD9C659C-56BE-494B-ACE8-9D75C44E33B8.jpeg
3D4F024C-9BFD-47C2-B722-2078DE96DBC7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread