Finally have my VIN

DukeNukem1

Established Member
Is there any info I can collect knowing my VIN now? They are telling me 4/2/16 they should have my car at dealer, being built on 03/28/16. Its base CO with black stripes and car cover. Paid $1000 allocation and $1000 more so I think its really $2000 ADM just calling a thousand of it the allocation fee(real?).
:banana::banana:

Lemers

Established Member
In order for a dealer to participate in the Shelby program and have minimum of 2 allocations (1 for each year) the dealer had to pay $1000 to $2000 dollars (I forget the actual number).

It seems they are passing the fee to you.

DukeNukem1

Established Member
I can live with it, even though its a base car, the engine and look of the car was what I wanted!

conceptmachine

Established Member
Good news! 2k adm isn't too terrible, I wouldn't feel bad at all about that. Most dealers have 5 to 10k adm on their 350s, but won't be suprised that they start coming down later this year to no adm or maybe up to 5. There will be the dealers that don't care and keep them at 10 to 20 adm... lol... oh well!
Now you can track where it's at and what's happening next. Me...i'm just a fish out of water right now.

conceptmachine

Established Member
In order for a dealer to participate in the Shelby program and have minimum of 2 allocations (1 for each year) the dealer had to pay $1000 to $2000 dollars (I forget the actual number).

It seems they are passing the fee to you.

Last year I could have gotten a gt350 for 2k adm. That's exactly what the dealer told me. You pay the fee and you can have the car. I just told them, " I'll wait it out."
It's something that I didn't need right now and I wanted to actually see if any changes would come about.

Last edited:

cluscher

Established Member
If your build date is 3/28 I would not count on it being to the dealer within a week. Delivery estimates are typically three weeks to a month out from the build date.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Granted SW ohio isn't far from Detroit, but won't be quite that quick. My car was about 7 weeks from VIN to delivery (VIN on 12/9/15 IIRC, built on 1/19, and delivery was 2/1/16)

Some cars will ship right away after being built and some have just sat and sat. Also the rail company becomes another factor. My local railyard was only about 15 miles from me and my dealer

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm sure it shows an ETA within a few days of build date. Once it gets built the ETA will get adjusted.

krt22

Established Member
If your build date is 3/28 I would not count on it being to the dealer within a week. Delivery estimates are typically three weeks to a month out from the build date.
IF they go by convoy its possible. Mine was built 1/12 and arrived on 1/20. Another guy also with the same blend had his arrive a day earlier. The truck transporting mine broke down and was repaired in the depot before my car was delivered, otherwise it was due 1/18

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
congratulations man!!! cant wait till I put my order in. I just really hope they don't pull a 10k adm out their ass when the car arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread