Finally happy with numbers...track next!!!

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Well guys, after doing this and doing that, and going everywhere and spending boatloads of money and time on tuning etc I have finally been satisfied.

Last week I got the Heat Exchanger from JDM installed as you all know, and this week I got this funny idea to get a 2.76 upper pulley because my 2.93 is interchangable!!!!

So that brings me to my latest idea. I had dyno time scheduled at JD's for about 3 weeks to get a retune on my 2.93 combo, so I thought why not make this worth everyone's while and do something that will help us all.

So I took my pulley down to JD's and had me a "flip chip" burned to support my 2.76 pulley. One tune for the 2.93 that I will use most of the time, and another tune for the 2.76 pulley that I will put on to whoop some behind at the track and who knows where else.

Now for the numbers:
2.93 pulley with mods in sig:
460.3rwhp and 461.6rwtq

2.76 pulley with mods in sig:
466.6rwhp and 484.1rwtq

Needless to say I am extremely happy with my numbers, and I will be going to the track this week sometime to let ya know how this thing runs.

I would like to thank all @ JDM Engineering for the custom Heat Exchanger install and some dyno time. And I would also like to thank all @ JD's Performance for bearing with me and putting up with my rookie mistakes.

Thanks guys!!!!
Don

03DOHC

Established Member
Those are great numbers! Do you have a dyno sheet with an overlay of the two runs? You may have only got 6hp at the peak but I bet you're 15+hp all across the rpm range.:beer:

stangin

Established Member
Great numbers! Did better than I with the Eaton.. would be cool to have a mod list and what gains for all to see or is there a post like that? I documented each and every step of the way with each mod up the ladder, same dynojet, up to and including the KB.. kind of fun to watch the numbers grow.

rwhp / rwtq
366 / 358 bone stock
381 / 359 bone stock air filter removed only, 6 minutes later, a hot day
432 / 463 CAI, 2.8, Diablo, stock cat back
444 / 469 CAI, 2.8, Diablo, UPR O/R X, stock cat back
520 / 570 CAI, KB 21lbs, KB Chip, UPR O/R X, stock cat back, belt slip..

In process: hopefully soon
630 / 670 CAI, KB 21lbs, Diablo re-tuned, 55lb inj, UPR O/R X, stk CB, belt slip fixed

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Good luck stangin, those look like some killer numbers. Thanks.

03DOHC I do have a dyno sheet, however no scanner but looking at it right now with the 2.76 pulley and the tune I have on it, the numbers are way better across the board. I will save the Eaton and only use the 2.76 when I wanna wring the car out at the track or for some unsuspecting fools on the street!!! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread