Finally got my car on the dyno

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Its been along time since I've put my motor together with the help of Russ and Ed a few years ago. It's been running for awhile and has seen a few trips to the drag strip running decent minus it having a crappy driver. Breaking stuff trying to launch on MT ET street radials set things back even further.

This year after having fuel issues that I couldn't figure out I decided to just go return so i can make the switch to E85. I am not a big fan of dyno numbers but wanted to do a before/after E85 comparison. I will be using the same dyno but obviously the timeline will be different. I know dynos can have fluff in it depending on which correction factor is used but nonetheless i was surprised with what it made at such low boost.

Anyway here is the basic info:
  • Tuner Kevin Dunn aka 04sleeper
  • 93 Octane
  • Target AFR 11.4 with 18* timing
  • Dyno: Dynojet 224X
  • Aluminator shortblock
  • TVS 3.0 upper/stock lower (making just under 16psi)
  • ARH 1 3/4" headers
  • VMP GT 500 TB
  • JLT high boost CAI

37797843451_9db461dfd5.jpg
93 Octane dyno sheet by Troy, on Flickr

37539743280_9728a44318_b.jpg
Untitled by Troy, on Flickr

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
What is the CR on the Aluminator shortblocks?

--Joe

I'm not sure but i think i have the oem CR shortblock. I would think i would or Kevin would have known if i had the 10:1 CR shortblock while tuning or trying to.

speedoflife

Established Member
Its been along time since I've put my motor together with the help of Russ and Ed a few years ago. It's been running for awhile and has seen a few trips to the drag strip running decent minus it having a crappy driver. Breaking stuff trying to launch on MT ET street radials set things back even further.

This year after having fuel issues that I couldn't figure out I decided to just go return so i can make the switch to E85. I am not a big fan of dyno numbers but wanted to do a before/after E85 comparison. I will be using the same dyno but obviously the timeline will be different. I know dynos can have fluff in it depending on which correction factor is used but nonetheless i was surprised with what it made at such low boost.

Anyway here is the basic info:
  • Tuner Kevin Dunn aka 04sleeper
  • 93 Octane
  • Target AFR 11.4 with 18* timing
  • Dyno: Dynojet 224X
  • Aluminator shortblock
  • TVS 3.0 upper/stock lower (making just under 16psi)
  • ARH 1 3/4" headers
  • VMP GT 500 TB
  • JLT high boost CAI

View attachment 143968293 Octane dyno sheet by Troy, on Flickr

View attachment 1439683Untitled by Troy, on Flickr
Nice! It always cool to know your numbers... more and more people (myself included) are doing remote tuning which means fewer dyno runs. Thanks for sharing.

Also.... that engine bay. I love it. I don't want to derail things here, but what catch can is that?

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Nice! It always cool to know your numbers... more and more people (myself included) are doing remote tuning which means fewer dyno runs. Thanks for sharing.

Also.... that engine bay. I love it. I don't want to derail things here, but what catch can is that?

Thanks alot, It is a Peterson breather can pn: 08-0400

speedoflife

Established Member
Thanks alot, It is a Peterson breather can pn: 08-0400
Thanks! I'm so tired of emptying my tiny DIY can every 1000 miles or so. It's the little things that make a difference under the hood IMO. Like welding on the fitting for the HCM. I haven't installed mine just because there is no way to make the install clean without doing what you have done.
Anyway looking forward to E85 numbers! Will that be a winter project/spring dyno?

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm not sure but i think i have the oem CR shortblock. I would think i would or Kevin would have known if i had the 10:1 CR shortblock while tuning or trying to.

I don't think Kevin would know your compression unless he built the motor. I think detonation would be the only clue.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Nice job Troy! Glad to see it running well.

The Aluminator 10:1 is what they call the N/A motor You have to swap the timing cover and whatnot to make it work in the 03-04 set up.

I tuned it based on a stock CR 8.5 motor.

blownfox

Established Member
Engine bay looks great and congrats on the numbers! I wish we had 93 around here.

94slowbra1

Established Member
great looking set up and even better numbers. i have a similar set up tuned by kevin and am also going to do the e85 swap soon. good to see similar combos and the results. good luck on the e85 tune, ive heard very good things

SVT_Troy

Established Member
great looking set up and even better numbers. i have a similar set up tuned by kevin and am also going to do the e85 swap soon. good to see similar combos and the results. good luck on the e85 tune, ive heard very good things

Thanks, I’m really looking forward to the switch. What numbers did you make?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread