Finally got all the new mods on

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
Yesterday I finally got all my mods on the L for now. Put the bassani catback and magnaflow hi flow cats on bout a month ago. I had been waitin on my xcal2 to do the dreaded plug changed and add the 4lb lower. The plug change was rough and took bout hr and a half. Couldnt have got it done without my buds nice swivel sockets for the coil pack screws. We then got the truck up on the Lift and went to install the the 4lber. Then thing broke loose easy for most part, we had a 3/4 in drive rachet with bout a 3ft handle on it that might have helped. I had worried bout the pulley from all the threads ive read bout people havin probs gettin em off. Last was to install the xcal2 and test drive. I love the feel of the 4lb but I can already see that with me not drivin it every day that soon Ill order a 6lb ring to up it a lil more. Now to get it on a dyno and see waht it puts down and to the track once I get my drag radials mounted. A/f was sittin at 11.2-11.6 at wot just by watchin guage, havnt datalogged it yet. :pepper:

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Awesome man. One day Ill gather the courage to do the plug change and put my 4#er to use. I think I need help to do it though. Left to my own devices I think Id burn the truck out of frustration...

boca ron

Banned
1.5 hrs plug change is pretty darn good. Sounds like you turn a pretty good wrench. Looking for a job? Dont know or not if you have a valvebody for the tranny if not you really should do it. Your off to a good start congrats.

mickey03L

Just the normal bolt ons
Established Member
i have the line valve mod for now. my bud is a ase master mechanic at age 22 which cut down on alot of time. it was me on one side workin and another bud workin on other side. nice to have a shop with a nice set of tools.

Users who are viewing this thread