Finally getting back on track after many years of laying low after my transplant!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good for you, Jimmy! No matter how you do, you're going to have a ball. We're pulling for you, my friend. :rockon:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Dude where have you been? Why such a long break? Lol too many ?'s ?

oldmodman

Established Member
That's great to hear Jimmy.

Don't worry. Racing is like riding a bike. Too damn expensive!

Did you give it this long a recovery time to make sure that the anti-rejection cocktail was optimized? Or just building up vacation time at Royal Purple;-)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Congratulations!
Thank you very much!

Running the Mystichroe?
Yes sir Kyle! Not much risk of overheating in March.
The one Track Guys test session that I did last year with the Focus was definitely fun, but I missed that raw, hard to control, brute force that the Cobra brings to the table.

Good for you, Jimmy! No matter how you do, you're going to have a ball. We're pulling for you, my friend. :rockon:
Thanks Bob! I'm hoping we get a good turn out of Texas track guys for the Mustang 50th thing.

Dude where have you been? Why such a long break? Lol too many ?'s ?
Cash and priorities are the main thing that has kept me off track, it really is an expensive hobby. An 04 Cobra has a particularly voracious appetite for brake pads, tires and fuel... it ain't a Miata. I'm eventually going to want to retire and I'm trying to save a little bit so I can still have fun when that happens.

Good deal, Jimmy. Glad to hear it.
Thanks!

Jimmy that's awesome, have fun, you deserve it :beer:

BTW coming up on two years in April for my dad :rockon:
Great! Glad to hear that! I'm on my fourth bonus year working on year 5 of my second chance at life.

That's great to hear Jimmy.

Don't worry. Racing is like riding a bike. Too damn expensive!

Did you give it this long a recovery time to make sure that the anti-rejection cocktail was optimized? Or just building up vacation time at Royal Purple;-)
Actually the physical recover happened pretty quick. Adjustment to the meds was largely inconsequential. Financial recovery was a the main issue, and not wanting to blow big wads of money until we were pretty confident that neither one of us was going to have to go back into the hospital. My wife was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks after I was released from the hospital in December 09.

She's going on 4 years too. All clear scans since her treatments. She actually had the toughest go of it, she's a tough cookie.
No life support or anything like that but those treatments are brutal. Fortunately I was well enough to drive her to every visit, treatment and scan. MD Anderson is an AMAZING PLACE!

good to see you back and getting back to your health! :beer:

Thanks!:beer:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Glad to hear it, good for you, Jimmy!

Going on 6 years out for me too, (even worse than an organ transplant; Marriage and kids!)

I'll look into the schedule for Summit point, or VIR coming up.

I had to wait until it was the wife's idea to start again. She's been nudging me that it's OK to go again.

Sorry I can't run with you in Texas, having both low-boost Whipples together would be cool!

-edit-Looks like 'Car Guys' will be more likely for my area, would like to track with Jeff and Dell again, though.

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
Actually the physical recover happened pretty quick. Adjustment to the meds was largely inconsequential. Financial recovery was a the main issue, and not wanting to blow big wads of money until we were pretty confident that neither one of us was going to have to go back into the hospital. My wife was diagnosed with cancer a couple weeks after I was released from the hospital in December 09.

She's going on 4 years too. All clear scans since her treatments. She actually had the toughest go of it, she's a tough cookie.
No life support or anything like that but those treatments are brutal. Fortunately I was well enough to drive her to every visit, treatment and scan. MD Anderson is an AMAZING PLACE!

Thanks!:beer:

Glad to hear all is going well!! Your going to have a blast!

Crowley

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Glad to hear it, good for you, Jimmy!

Going on 6 years out for me too, (even worse than an organ transplant; Marriage and kids!)

I'll look into the schedule for Summit point, or VIR coming up.

I had to wait until it was the wife's idea to start again. She's been nudging me that it's OK to go again.

Sorry I can't run with you in Texas, having both low-boost Whipples together would be cool!

-edit-Looks like 'Car Guys' will be more likely for my area, would like to track with Jeff and Dell again, though.

Someday I would really like to run at VIR, maybe incorporate it into a 2 week east coast vacation somehow. If I do I'll try to do it at an event with a buch of SVTP guys and hopefully yourself too.

I'm cheating a little though because I'm now sporting a 3.25" upper.:p
The rear tires don't like it at all!

Glad to hear all is going well!! Your going to have a blast!

Crowley

Thank you very much!:beer:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Someday I would really like to run at VIR, maybe incorporate it into a 2 week east coast vacation somehow. If I do I'll try to do it at an event with a buch of SVTP guys and hopefully yourself too.

I'm cheating a little though because I'm now sporting a 3.25" upper.:p
The rear tires don't like it at all!

If this happens, I'll do all I can to make it.

My pullied Eaton used to scare instructors. Oh, and I'm sure that 3.25 makes for a dramatic turn exit! Don't forget to turn off traction control!

Post pic's when you have them.

Mike

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
HELL YES!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

I know you've had the itch for a LONG time. You're going to have a blast. Looking forward to the full report with Pics and Vids. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread