Finally found the creak/rattle noise

03cobraracer

Established Member
I've had a weird creak/rattle noise for years in the trunk area behind the passenger rear seat. Wasn't sure what it was and couldn't figure it out. A member on a cobra Facebook page had the same thing and found the problem and posted it. It was the tack welds where the wheel well meets the rear seat frame on the passenger side. The welds broke and it was rubbing metal on metal. I checked mine today and sure as well mine had broke also. I don't have a welder so I just bent up the metal seat frame a little bit so it wasn't touching the wheel well anymore.

Then I sprayed in the liquid rubber stuff I have that hardens after it dries. Took the car for a ride and the noise is gone! I'm sure the "right" way to fix it would be to reweld it but this worked also. Thank god that noise is gone lol. Here is a video showing the noise it was making and a picture showing where I fixed it.

1045429F-5B9A-4220-8341-6AEE05C7CC80_zpsbqdop7bi.jpg

th_3386FBDA-0962-41CB-BCDD-FA4E637B1F56_zpsiyw9d4xv.jpg

03cobraracer

Established Member
no shit eh? I got the same sound. I have to check now

Yeah I would check man. When your driving it sounds like it's coming from behind passenger rear seat. Just grab on the seat frame part and move it around. I could see the welds were broke and it made the sound in my video. Very easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread