finally finished up my evo project. lots of pics

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I picked this thing up a few months ago and it went through a pretty big transformation. no more big wing, a ton of powdercoating, cleaning, lots of new parts and maintenance. but im very happy with out outcome.

before pics
evo7_zpseb16kvgb.gif

evo8_zpsnyykacys.gif

evo10_zpswoz7bkz2.gif

aftermath of our work..

DSC_0002_zpsixi5tvcz.gif

some powdercoating
IMG953100_zpsqrnxosem.gif

changed the brake look up
IMG953077_zpszkwwxpl3.gif

DSC_0007_zpsi7bdosmy.gif

DSC_0013_zpsvmv4yijr.gif

DSC_0022_zpsvq346wnq.gif

DSC_0029_zpsmvfa9vpr.gif

DSC_0033_zpskzsybjak.gif

DSC_0035_zps2ny5jqtt.gif

DSC_0038_zpsrkbhuflz.gif

DSC_0041_zpsco70loav.gif

DSC_0050_zpsvvxveim2.gif

DSC_0053_zps3u3tcuqr.gif

DSC_0058_zpsu7tgzokx.gif

DSC_0063_zps00nndq12.gif

Last edited:

Brandon619

Established Member
Those poor people who have to fit in the back seat. You have a quality build going on with your Evo.

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
4 point harnesses are just plain dumb. If you are going that far you might as well put the 5th point in the bottom of the seat. It's called the anti-submarine belt. If you get in an accident with the 4 point harnesses you could slide out from under them and get injured.

Here's a 5 point for reference.
RPM16_IMG_9851.jpg

I like what you've done with the conversion. What do you think it would do in the 1/4 mile with that turbo setup?

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
thanks guys! I will be asking 21K for the car. its a 1 owner. 63K original mileage. no accidents, clean title, ect

I have seen these hit very high 9s in the 1/4 mile. it will make mid 600hp on pump.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Nice job in the engine bay!

also, ^that 5 points isn't installed correctly, and since he has the stock seats with a roll bar, a 4 point is probably the best choice.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
4 point harnesses are just plain dumb. If you are going that far you might as well put the 5th point in the bottom of the seat. It's called the anti-submarine belt. If you get in an accident with the 4 point harnesses you could slide out from under them and get injured.

Here's a 5 point for reference.
RPM16_IMG_9851.jpg

I like what you've done with the conversion. What do you think it would do in the 1/4 mile with that turbo setup?

Is that the drift van that was used in that vid of the mom taking kids to practice or something?

Nice car OP! What did you do with the original wheels that were on it?

HandBanana

Established Member
thanks guys! I will be asking 21K for the car. its a 1 owner. 63K original mileage. no accidents, clean title, ect

I have seen these hit very high 9s in the 1/4 mile. it will make mid 600hp on pump.

DAMN. I would sell my Cobra in a heart beat for that beast. Well done OP!

TERMN8U

Established Member
Looks good but.......... Please CERAMIC COAT THE TURBO AND MANIFOLD!!!
That would finish the whole car.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Looks good but.......... Please CERAMIC COAT THE TURBO AND MANIFOLD!!!
That would finish the whole car.

ya I thought about that. but it just really isnt worth it. I did just enough to take the car to that next level and im very proud of it. I could of went overboard on a lot of things but this isnt a keeper.. its a flipper and theres a line I gotta watch. the next owner can have a bad ass machine that makes great power and they can tweak to personalize it the way they want.

its a huge start. besides the great history of 1 owner and very low mileage on the body. it has a fully built 2.0 (which if you know anything about evos, they actually last unlike stroker motors) it has a FS650 turbo kit, AEM EMS stand alone, tein coil overs, cams, built cylinder head. it is setup and ready to rock.

I hope this car finds a great new home. sadly this will be the last car that we build in our old place... we break ground on our new shop next month and we need every penny lol.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Looks like you did a good job. I'd have chosen a different wheel color, but that's just my stupid opinion.

We could have a big safety discussion about roll bars in street cars, but it seems to be a common design element lately. The 4 point harness in there would not be legal for any sanctioned racing because it is not anti-submarine. It may hold you in a bit better on the street but in a crash, a standard 3 point harness would be safer.

The only 4 point harness that is legal through many sanctioning bodies is the Schroth Profii because it's a 4 point that works like a three point allowing the body to pivot and not submarine. The caveat thee is the car has to be certified with it. I don't know if the Evo is off hand.

Since you have a harness bar as part of the cage, you could install an anti-submarine pass through in the front seats (or change the seats) which should then make the system legal for racing and safer on the street as well. That could be a potential deal breaker or sealer if a potential buyer is looking at a track toy.

Users who are viewing this thread