Finally Cut That Cord!

dooberGN

Established Member
I recently did it have these

1. Fire tv with kodi
2. HD antenna
3. PlayStation Vue
4. Netflix
I got ps vue to watch local sports but I'm very happy with it. The $35 package has all the channels I need and I like the interface.

Could probably do without netflix but I like the convenience of it plus being able to watch on my phone.

dooberGN

Established Member
I'm giving consideration to that new Sony service. Between having a fast and solid connection along with various devices able to use apps, it might be worth it.

I will say that it works flawless on my PS4 but the menus are a little slow on my moms Fire stick. Nothing too terrible but you definitely notice the difference

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I will say that it works flawless on my PS4 but the menus are a little slow on my moms Fire stick. Nothing too terrible but you definitely notice the difference

I've heard that alot on the Fire sticks. We have two Fire TVs and use Vue as our primary TV service, it's very fast and responsive on them.

Blown 89

Established Member
Those of you complaining about not getting local channels need to put an antenna on the roof. For $100 I can damn near pick up stations in Japan.

96dreamer

Established Member
never had a cord to cut since buying my own house, just netflix and internet. I would like to pick up a new firestick and install kodi but i can't even find the ****ers in stock anywhere.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
We just bought a new house and we are going to try out cord cutting. We are living at my mom's house now and the room my wife and I use doesn't have a cable box so we have been experimenting with it for about six months.

Amazon FireTv with kodi/titanium.
Netflix
Amazon Prime Video
Antenna for locals

Will look into the PSVue once in the new house.

Blown 89

Established Member
That's what I've had for years. I have 3 antennas wired into an array covering 3 directions.
It's a good way to piss off your HOA too. My dad finally cut the cord and put a massive antenna up and his HOA has been pitching a fit and they can't do anything about it.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
$80 for my internet and home phone. 200+ down/20 Up
$45 for PS Vue
Free Netflix for the next year and a half

Switched from Roku to Fire sticks on 3 TV’s and Fire TV’s on the main two.

Hardly use Kodi even in the XMBC days. I use Plex more often. PS Vue has up to 5 streams at a time, unlimited DVR that holds up to 28 days I believe. Get all the local channels. Far as sports outside my region, PPV and Sunday ticket? I pay $30 every 6 months for HD streamings. Mostly everything is covered with PSVue, IMO its the best streaming service and you get more sports for the price than DTV and/or cable

I like Kodi but its pretty slow at times and looking for reliable links can be annoying. Prefer it simple, fast, and easy to use. Plus I can use Plex on pretty much every single device.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
never had a cord to cut since buying my own house, just netflix and internet. I would like to pick up a new firestick and install kodi but i can't even find the ****ers in stock anywhere.

get the fire tv instead of the stick. its faster. i believe it has more memory. ive used both, with kodi and the box is much faster. the first kodi box i bought with kodi pre-installed. after doing research i found videos on youtube on how to install it yourself without even using a computer. its pretty simple and ive done it a few times already.

do you have to have amazon prime to use kodi on an amazon box? we have prime any ways but just curious.

we did cut the cord for a few months but my MIL stays with us a lot to help with the kids and kodi is too complex for her. so we got direc tv.

i think you definitely end up watching more tv (too much) when you have cable vs having a kodi box. you end up surfing around and just watching whats on.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Nope, no amazon prime is needed for Kodi. I have amazon prime myself but have installed it on accounts that are not affiliated with Amazon prime, just new accounts added.

The new Fire stick is much faster than the older one. The Fire TV though is still the best one.

Last edited:

NJredfire03

Established Member
I run kodi on mine.. I just watched John Wick 2 on Phoenix app... Love it!!

I'm just learning kodi on my fire box. I use exodus a lot but the newer movies still are crap quality. Does Phoenix update with better quality more often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I'm just learning kodi on my fire box. I use exodus a lot but the newer movies still are crap quality. Does Phoenix update with better quality more often?

Nope, still same crappy quality.

Torrents and Kodi add ons with HD links are affiliated. The only HD movie that came out recently is Roge One. People dont mind cam versions or telesync quality, I myself hate it.

NJredfire03

Established Member
Nope, still same crappy quality.

Torrents and Kodi add ons with HD links are affiliated. The only HD movie that came out recently is Roge One. People dont mind cam versions or telesync quality, I myself hate it.

I've been checking rogue one and it's been shit. I hate true bootlegs. I'll be checking back on it now though.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I've been checking rogue one and it's been shit. I hate true bootlegs. I'll be checking back on it now though.

I just watched it this weekend with Exodus and it was HD. Most of the stuff still in the box office is going to be cam quality until HD torrents are available.

TV shows are always HD right off the bat though. Can't beat it for free. I still have Directv... not sure if I'm totally ready to cut the cord.

NJredfire03

Established Member
I just watched it this weekend with Exodus and it was HD. Most of the stuff still in the box office is going to be cam quality until HD torrents are available.

TV shows are always HD right off the bat though. Can't beat it for free. I still have Directv... not sure if I'm totally ready to cut the cord.

I got cable for local sports and everyday couch surfing

nxhappy

Established Member
FS plus netflix, you will never need cable or satellite ever again. I ****ing love saving money like that.

NJredfire03

Established Member
FS plus netflix, you will never need cable or satellite ever again. I ****ing love saving money like that.

I had DIRECTV. And for where I live I needed their biggest channel package to watch my in market baseball team. I was paying 220 just for direct tv. Plus 60 for internet. Now I got lowest channel package with cable and 100/50 internet all for 140. I'm very cool with what I got going on. Saving over 50% is killer.

Users who are viewing this thread