Finally couple shots of the Cobra... Couple ?s

Shepp1691

Established Member
This car was originally a no spoiler car and the previous owner added this one. A lot of cars have the spoiler with the two post that go to the trunk closer together, what spoiler is on my car. Also what knock off wheels are these?

DSC05352_zps04fedafa.jpg

DSC05353_zpsed0d7ec4.jpg

DSC05354_zps274c7dba.jpg

DSC05355_zpsd6bac76b.jpg

DSC05356_zpse9d389d0.jpg

Only mods I know of are exhaust and Vogtland Sport Springs.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Car looks good, what exhaust is on it? Any other mod plans?

That is a 99 Cobra spoiler and those are 03 Cobra wheels. The 2 post spoiler you talk about is the 01 Cobra spoiler.

Shepp1691

Established Member
Thanks for the answers, no clue on exhaust, the weld in mufflers have no brand or part number and guy I got it from knew nothing about it. It also has a short throw shifter, also unknown brand, guy was clueless so I'm figuring it out as I go. I assume rims are knock offs cause rears are 295s and when I got new tires they are stamped made in China, which is annoying. Only plans I have is a softer clutch, roll bar for track days, new top as its original and an air intake.

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
Good lookin Cobra!! Not bashing but I would look for some stock headlights, the ones on there look like ebay from Japan.

If you are looking to do an intake on the cheap, there is another thread going on about this. Kinda narrowed it down to a waste of $260. Really not much of a gain over a drop in filter. To save a few bucks I removed the airbox, bought a mass air adapter so you can put on a 4" cone filter from your local autoparts store. Looks good and only cost about $30.00 bucks total.

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
Also if you mean track days by auto x... you may intend on doing some suspension upgrade including strut tower brace (common). Most aftermarket intakes to not allow the tower braces to fit... FYI..:beer:

Shepp1691

Established Member
Sounds good, I hate the headlights, the passenger one leaks and they flutter up and down while driving, been trying to find a decent set of stocks that aren't peeling or fogged. I am planning on just playing around one weekend at mid Ohio with some friends, car has 114k miles on it and engine and trans all original, speedo reads fast a couple mph so may have a gear or just be from bigger wheels.

ouray19

Established Member
Sounds good, I hate the headlights, the passenger one leaks and they flutter up and down while driving, been trying to find a decent set of stocks that aren't peeling or fogged. I am planning on just playing around one weekend at mid Ohio with some friends, car has 114k miles on it and engine and trans all original, speedo reads fast a couple mph so may have a gear or just be from bigger wheels.

If you're looking for a roll bar, I've got a JEGS 10 point cage, still new and banded, I'd let you have for $100. Has a little surface rust but you'd want to sand it and prime it before installing anyway. Let me know.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Looks like AFS 03 cobra wheels...the ones I've Bennett wanting...want to trade for some 03 10th anniversary cobra wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread