Finally buying a Stang. A few ?'s

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
I'm finally buying a Mustang! A Dark Green 95 5.0L 5speed. It has the optional 17's for that year so I know it's going to cost me in rubber hahhahaha.
My questions.
I'm worried it's been ragged. I drove it and everything feels fine and the tranny feels great. But just in case what are some things I can do to clean up the combustion chamber and some things I can do as preventive maintainence. What I planned to do was get some octane booster and dump a full tank of 93 in it and immediately take it and have it serviced with synthetics.. I've heard these engines and trannies are strong but I figured I'd ask you guys. It's got 75K on it as well. So what can I do to insure a long life?
What is a good set of first mods? I figured headers, off road H, and a Flowmaster system, shifter, gears, pullies, intake all that.. basically What will get me in the low 14's and high 13's and can opening up the engine maybe insure a long life?
Basically I'm looking for reassurance that this 75K 5.0 will last. I mean I could get a new Mustang but I want a 5.0.

Any info is appriciated.. Thanks!!!

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by Hitman 2k1

I've heard these engines and trannies are strong but I figured I'd ask you guys. It's got 75K on it as well.

The trannies are weak. If you build the car, don't expect the tranny to last , the T-5's are time bombs...if you start power shifting it's GONE!!! Gears will REALLY wake the car up, especially 3:73's or 4:10's. The SN95's are a bit heavier than the fox bodies, but the quality of the interior and the looks of the car make up for it. I LOVE my car. Headers, an H-pipe and exhaust will make a difference too.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Originally posted by Hitman 2k1

I've heard these engines and trannies are strong but I figured I'd ask you guys. It's got 75K on it as well.

The trannies are weak. If you build the car, don't expect the tranny to last , the T-5's are time bombs...if you start power shifting it's GONE!!! Gears will REALLY wake the car up, especially 3:73's or 4:10's. The SN95's are a bit heavier than the fox bodies, but the quality of the interior and the looks of the car make up for it. I LOVE my car. Headers, an H-pipe and exhaust will make a difference too. BTW good color for the SN95's is green hehe :D

AndyBurnout2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread