Finally bought my Raptor kind of weird how it happened

badjuicedgt

Established Member
So I was a paramedic and firefighter for 10 years. I am 40 years old as of May 7th so back in 2008 I got run over by a truck I had my top 2 ribs taken out and half the mucles taken out in my neck. So I ended up going back to the car business full times since I had been buying and wholesaling cars since I was 18 and did that on my off days. So last year I started having trouble breathing and had pneumonia 6 times they finally ran some pulmonary tests and turns out I have copd and full respiratory failure. My wife had been trying to get me to stop working and go on disability especially after I was put on oxygen 24 hours a day and breathing treatments every 4 hours. So I filed for disability and got approved and due to working for dealers and buying their cars and trucks for them I always had something from the auction to drive. When I decided to listen to my wife we had her leased 2017 f150 and my 03 cobra, I made an agreement with her I would file and after I got approved I would get to buy a truck for myself and she said ok. So I started looking for a truck and was either going to buy a powerstroke an ecoboost f150 limited or a limited with the 6.2l or a crew cab raptor with the 6.2. So after looking like crazy and finding a few raptors and a few diesels a lot of both had cab corners rusted out and rocker panels rusting. I finally found one at a dealer which I told my wife if it was going to come down to buying one at a dealer I would just keep watching the auctions and would buy one there, but the one at the dealer has a clean car fax clean autocheck its an american truck not canadian and was a texas truck until 2018 then was in South Carolina. The truck is silver with 115k miles new tires and I got it bought for 21k. I dont have it yet im picking it up either monday or tuesday. I will put up some pics when I get it and cant wait and from what I have heard the 6.2 is one of the best engines built from what a lot of the techs at the ford stores have said. I hate the way it had to go to get the truck I would rather be working and contributing to society now I feel like a bum.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear about your accident and surgeries. Congrats on the Raptor 6.2, but man, don't feel guilty about anything. You were severely injured and went through multiple surgeries. Nothing to feel guilty about. THANK YOU for your prior service!

ZiaRunner

Established Member
Congratulations on the Raptor. I like the 6.2 more than the latest generation. What color did you get?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congrats on the 6.2, yes that 6.2 will last, just keep on top of the maintenance

badjuicedgt

Established Member
My raptor is silver wasnt my first choice I wanted black or blue to match the cobra. Its funny we looked at a black one at the ford dealership were we are getting my wifes new truck from has a 2011 117k miles and they wanted 28k for it and ended up taking 27200 plus tax title and all the other fees.

Users who are viewing this thread